CHAPTER FIFTY: THE FEELING OF UNCERTAINTY

The Clover Kingdom.

Much of the Royal Captain was destroyed in an attack by the Eye of the Midnight Sun, but the repair is going smoothly.

Some of the citizens are gathered in the square earlier to prove that the threat of the Eye of the Midnight Sun has passed, and the kingdom is doing everything it can to restore peace and get life back to normal.

In the mean time, all of the Squad Captains are gathered together in the Magic Knight Headquarters to talk about an important matter.

Asta, Hayaku, Finral, Noelle, and Mimosa are silently waiting for the arrival of the Wizard King inside the conference room. Secre on the other hand is in on her swallowtail form while resting at the ash blond locks of the magicless boy.

There is a deafening silence inside the conference room and the only sounds coming from the plastic bag of the dragon spirit clover chocolate can be heard around them.

"A-All of the Magic Knights Squad Captains are here?" Finral stuttered as he could feel the massive amount of magic coming from them.

"I feel immense pressure..." Mimosa whispered towards her cousin as she cups her left hand beside her lips.

"Wh-Why are we called to a Magic Knights Squad Captain's meeting, anyway?" Noelle asked and a bit anxious with the presence of the powerful mages.

"Don't tell me we are in big trouble again. This is such a pain." Hayaku yawns as she covers her mouth with her right hand.

"Trouble?!" the magicless boy gasped in disbelief. The black haired female crane her neck towards him with a droopy expression etched on her face.

"Yes, Asta. Trouble!" she lifted her index finger with a nod.

"Master... everything is a pain and a trouble to you." the dragon spirit deadpanned at her statement. "Out of all the personality that you have to acquire....Unbelievable"

"My apologies, Yami." the Captain of the Golden Dawn stated with a wary look on his face. "It should be your squad receiving praise from the public, not me." he continued.

If William Vangeance wanted to be honest, he doesn't even felt a single ounce of pleasure from receiving gratitude from the people in the Clover Kingdom. Instead, he felt guilty about receiving something he didn't even deserve.

"Well, we're used to getting booed." Yami said and not actually affected by it.

"I apologize..." William repeated with his soft-spoken voice.

"It's no big. Don't worry about it." the dark magic user assured as he bit a cigarette in between his lip.

Meanwhile, a certain briar magic user who is sitting next to Yami has a rosy shade on her cheeks. Her heart keeps thumping in an abnormal manner with the Black Bulls Captain presence. She could even feel the excitement on her fingertips as she takes a deep long breath.

"Calm down. Don't let your heart go aflutter, Charlotte." the Captain of the Blue Rose Knights convinced herself. "Stay calm... perfectly calm..." she takes a deep breath over and over again.

"What's wrong, Prickly Queen? Your face is red. You okay?" Yami shifted his gray eyes at the strange behavior of Charlotte.

The briar magic user flinches in surprise as her brows were slightly furrowed. Her heart almost jumps out from her ribcage from the voice of her beloved Yami.

"I-I'm perfectly fine!" she stuttered without even realizing the loudness of her voice.

"You..." Yami squinted his eyes towards her in suspicion. He places his right hand beside his lips and leans closer towards her. "If you need to take a dump, go now! Don't hold it in!" he suggested which earns a petrified expression from Charlotte.