CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR: FALL FROM GRACE PART 2

The East is the land of eternal darkness beyond the gates of the rising sun, where the sun exists there is just a mere illusion, mimicking a somehow decent home. Amidst the golden sand where the scorching heat of the artificial sun can be felt at that very place, a white-haired female is currently meditating, feeling the mana coursing through her vein.

That should be the case but an annoying demon keeps blabbing questions beside her, levitating and circling her like some kind of bug. His crimson eyes gaze upon her as if she is his most awaited prey, waiting for her response.

"So... does he have any idea?"

"Don't tell me he doesn't?"

"Maybe you didn't tell him?"

He keeps throwing the same questions like a broken record, annoying it may be but the white-haired female wasn't fazed at all. Adrammelech on the other hand smirks as he tilted his head slightly from the indifference of the mysterious white-haired female.

"Unwavering huh..." he murmured, placing his thumb and forefinger under his chin. He stares at Tsubasa once again whose still occupied with her training. He is currently waiting for a certain God of Death to give his so-called "report" from the Underworld but he saw Tsubasa instead.

He thought that Thanatos will hide her away from him but maybe his blackmail works in the end. "You will permit me to converse with her or I will reveal her existence..." those were the words he utters to the terrifying god.

Weakness... the weakness of Thanatos is just in front of him, how he wishes he could just snatch her and kept her in his world. In that way, he could use her against that arrogant god.

Unfortunately, he is just a mere clone who cannot release any demonic power or any kind of magic in that specific place. To be exact, he is weaker than a mere human at that moment.

So the only thing he could do is pester her.

"Being from the remnants of the lost souls..."

Tsubasa flinches after Adrammelech whispers those words behind her right ear. She slowly opens her eyes as her face hardens, obviously wasn't pleased with the annoying demon.

"Oh, would you look at that..." a fake shocked expression etched on the demon's face as Tsubasa shifted her golden eyes towards him.

Servants shouldn't possess any emotion at all.

They don't feel hunger, they don't feel pain, heck they don't even need to sleep. There is no special explanation about that matter, they just don't possess souls as they are perceived as a useful "tool".

Just a mere tool, similar to a sword and shield that a wielder used to protect themselves. But the white-haired female is just different, the way those mesmerizing golden eyes stare at him is filled with hatred instead.

"How is this even possible?"

Even a supreme demon like him couldn't comprehend her existence, despite knowing the fact that he could smell the sweet scent of her soul. But there is something bizarre with the scent she emits, there is a hint of lost soul mixed with it.

Fifty years ago, Thanatos informed him about the disappearance of the lost souls and even accused the Underworld that they have done something about that matter. From that very moment, something dwells inside him, it was suspicion with a hint of curiosity.

Adrammelech doesn't believe in coincidence, everything happens for a reason and every action has a positive or opposite reaction, similar to a ripple spread out when a single pebble drops into the water. Even the smallest peddle will eventually have an effect, but no one knows what will it be.