CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT: IF MIRACLES DO HAPPEN

Pitter... Patter...

The sound of the raindrops against the wooden roof resonates inside a cafe in the Clover Kingdom. The way the water droplets fall like tears against the glass window made the short blond hair male twitches his lips upward into a gentle smile.

After a long exhausting mission, he decided to relax in a cozy place with a hot steaming black coffee in between his hands. Only a few people are inside the cafe while the heart-melting instrumental music serenades their ears.

A single bulb can be seen outside the cafe with a "Kanade Cafe" engrave in a wooden plank. The said bulb attached to the wooden post is made out of magic from the way it looks.

"Maybe flame magic..." he murmured, taking a sip of his hot black coffee. "Wonder if the owner possesses one." he speculated as he shifted his blue eyes towards the dried lavender flowers in a small old-fashioned pot in the middle of the wooden table.

Until the sound of the porcelain saucer makes him gaze upon the sliced strawberry cake in front of him. Two crimson fruit with a mint leaf in between and a dash of sugar power on the top of it.

"I didn't order a strawberry cake." he said and the moment he turned his eyes towards the waitress beside him. He instantly felt the warmness across his face.

The way her pink lips light up into a smile, the way the edges of her emerald eyes crinkle while staring at him, and the way her long salmon pink hair bounces as she tilted her head.

Makes him gulp the imaginary lump in his throat and blink repeatedly at her strange bright aura. Black long sleeve and a crimson apron tied on her waist, just a common outfit for a waitress like her.

But how remarkably she emits those blinding lights around her.

"I know, Mr. Magic Knight." she admitted with her silvery voice. "But it seems you're very tired from your mission, aren't ya?" she asked, gesturing her right hand towards the sliced strawberry cake.

"It's on the house don't ya worry about it. Hope this will light up that little mood of yours." she winks playfully as she turns around and walking towards the counter.

"Thank you..." he said in almost a whisper and still staring at her retreating figure. He returns his gaze at the strawberry cake in the porcelain saucer.

Most of the people will drool over the soft white whipping cream infused with strawberry flavor.

But truthfully, he wasn't fond of sweet things but everything changes after the pink-haired woman offered him one.

The Magic Knight from the Aqua Deer Squad who loves to wander around hoping to discover newfound magic found something else.

Or rather someone who piques his interest.

*******

Mirai

Her name means future.

And just like a future, she is difficult to discern.

Maybe because her character is something new to him since he came from aristocrats. Her bold personality and those emerald eyes filled with honesty. She wasn't afraid to be judge by the way she speaks or the way she thinks.

He admires that side of her.

Even though there were times that she swears and laughs like there was no tomorrow. An unladylike as they say but who cares anyway.

The only thing in his mind is to know her furthermore and before he knew it, they become closer. Maybe because he constantly visited the Kanade Cafe after his missions or if there is none, after a long day of doing some paperwork.