CHAPTER NINETEEN: MERITS

"What?! I was asleep for a week?!" Asta's voice roared in the Black Bulls base. They were currently in the cafeteria having their breakfast.

Finral, Hayaku, Noelle, Asta, and Luck are on the other side of the long table while Vanessa, Gauche, Gordon, and Grey are on their opposite side.

"Honestly, how many days were you planning on sleeping?" Noelle mumbled, looking away from him and obviously worried.

Vanessa let out a chuckle hearing the silver haired girl "Noelle was so worried about you that she kept checking on you..." she said in amusement.

Noelle huffed "I-I wasn't worried..." she denied. "I was just wondering what we were going to do if he didn't wake up..." she added which earns a smirk from Finral.

"Pretty sure that's called being worried about." Finral teases.

"Thanks, Noelle!" Asta exclaimed.

"And Haya here is the one who did all of your chores, she even went into a mission when you were sleeping..." Vanessa inquired.

Asta blinks repeatedly and gazing at the black haired girl. "Sorry about that Haya..." he said giving her an apologetic look.

"It's fine. You just owe me a week of chores..." she teases making the ash blond frown from her statement.

"Hey!" he whines until he perks up, remembering something that the scarlet said earlier.

"Wait! You went on a mission?! Who are you with?! Why didn't you wake me up!" Asta complained.

Noelle and Hayaku share glances with one another then let out an exasperated sigh. "You are knocked out Asta, you need to rest..." Hayaku told him. "And who are you with then..." he asked in curiosity.

Vanessa stares at Hayaku who eyes widen until she looks down at her lap with pink hue on her cheeks.

"She is with the Golden Dawn boy, Yuno..." she smirks as her eyes saw the flustered black haired female. Only Yami and she knows about what happened at the Sakura Village.

"What?! You are with that handsome jerk?! No fair!" Asta whines again.

"Just shut up!" Noelle scolded.

"So, what did you do there? Did you fight bad guys?!" Asta asked with sparkles in his eyes.

Hayaku let out an awkward chuckle and not answering the question. "They captured some witch!" Vanessa intervenes and deciding to answer him on behalf of Hayaku.

"And Haya here just got her first -" Vanessa is about to say something until the black-haired girl stops her to do so. "Vanessa-senpai..." she called, bangs covering her eyes and dark aura leaking out around her. She faces Vanessa with her close eyes smile.

"I will appreciate it if you will just stop there..." she suggested. Vanessa chuckles at her reaction while Asta was a bit scared.

"She's been like that after that mission like she is hiding something..." Noelle whispered to Asta.

"What do you mean?" Asta asked, whispering in return.

"I don't know...like she is getting red or panicking or doesn't want to talk about it..." Noelle told him which makes the ash blond male more curious.

"Stop with this nonsense.." Gauche intervene with blood trailing down from his nostril. "Do you think that my goddess, my sister Marie, would enjoy listening to all of this?" Gauche asked nonchalantly, showing them the photo of her sister.

"Talk about something more interesting. I only have 3,214 stories stock up for her..." Gauche informed which makes the other sweatdropped.

"When exactly are you going to tell her all those?" Finral asked with sarcasm as his eye twitches from the numbers of stories Gauche has.