CHAPTER FOUR: THE HEART KINGDOM SPY

Editor: @BipolarLizzz

Hayaku was reading some books once again, like she always did while wearing her fox mask. No one could remove it, only Dante could.

The reason behind the odd mask of hers was to make her mana stable, along with her magic limiter choker.

Using a huge amount of mana, it sometimes made her lose control of her magic. It has happened before and the young girl almost destroyed the red room.

She almost escaped that time, and Dante was disappointed in her. So, he punished her by pinning her on the ground using his Gravity Magic until blood came out from her ears.

Zenon was the only one who pleaded his big brother to stop at that time. If her friend had not been there, she would've been in critical condition.

Raiden, on the other hand, felt anxious the whole time. Because he had discovered what kind of game Hayaku was actually playing. He had succeeded in sneaking around and saw the whole ordeal.

"How many people did she kill...?" The question kept bothering him and that strange magic of hers. He wondered what it even was. At the age of eight, she could use such strong magic. Raiden couldn't imagine how strong she would be when she came of age.

He was not scared of her. He was scared of her magic, her magic was an enigma.

An enigma he wasn't even sure if he wanted to figure out.

He was a curious boy, but there was a voice at the back of his mind, telling him not to know further.

He knew that he needed to leave the Spade Kingdom once and for all and report what he had gathered. He would like to take Hayaku with him. He knew that those people were forcing her to do such things.

He wanted her to have a normal life and maybe even use her magic for the better, to truly protect others who were in need. But the question was how?

Dante was not a normal mage because of the fact that the Spade Kingdom was known for its devil powers. Zenon was one of its holders; even a girl name Vanica which he rarely saw in the castle was one.

Maybe it was because Vanica and Hayaku don't get along.

Hayaku was the only one who (strangely) didn't possess a devil inside her. Maybe there was some kind of reason but whatever it was, the fact remained that all he wanted to do was take her out of this place before that happened.

"If you keep staring at me like that, I'll melt..." Hayaku told him. She slowly closed the book in her hands.

"What?" Raiden stuttered, not realizing he had been staring at her for a long time. Hayaku arched a brow under her mask as she crossed her arms on her chest.

"You've been staring at me for almost five minutes. Something you wanna ask?" Hayaku asked him, watching her friend carefully.

"No," he lied, trying to act cool like he always did.

"You are a bad liar," Hayaku sighed as she shook her head in disappointment. "Now, tell me," she demanded, tapping the space beside her and gesturing him to sit next to her.

Raiden sighed in defeat as he sat beside her. He hesitated for a moment because he knew if he made even a single mistake, all of his hard work would've been in vain. But he did trust her, so he would take the chance.

"Come with me," Raiden told her bluntly. Hayaku was taken aback as her golden eyes widened in shock. "Excuse me?" she asked, still processing the words that came out from his mouth.