CHAPTER EIGHT: THE OBNOXIOUS BRAT AND THE CRY BABY

It already morning when Father Orsi and Hayaku reach the Orphanage Church. Hayaku eyes sparkle the moment she witnesses the sun rises once again.

A new day means she will be able to learn new things. Her golden orbs watch in awe the enormous horn skull in front of the church.

Sister Lily, a young woman with dark blue hair, pale skin, teal eyes, and a beauty mark under her left eye is talking to Father Orsi about Hayaku. The priest told her everything about her as her teal eyes watch the young girl in pity.

She notices her mess up short hair with a frown along with her dirty ragged clothes. The young Hayaku didn't even have shoes on her feet.

"Hayaku, come here for a second." Father Orsi called her as the child followed.

The priest started to introduced the kind Sister Lily to her. Hayaku at first wandered why she called her "sister" by Father Orsi.

So she just guesses that it was a church thing. For the golden eyed girl, Sister Lily has a soothing aura the same as Father Orsi. She knew she was a kind person as well especially with those beautiful innocent teal eyes.

Sister Lily decided to clean up the young Hayaku. She was shocked the moment she saw scars on her back like someone just whip it repeatedly with such strength.

"Uhmmm...What happened?" she asked worriedly as her teal eyes waited for the reaction of the female child.

"Punishment..." she answered her flatly which earns a frown from Sister Lily.

"How heartless..." she thought and even wondering who on earth would hurt a mere child. Hayaku didn't actually care about that anymore. She is no longer in the Spade Kingdom.

"No one will hurt you here..." Sister Lily assured with her beautiful voice. "You could start a new life here.." she added and trying to make her feel better. Hayaku soften her gaze on how Sister comfort her, it was a foreign feeling but she does like it.

"I bet you will like Asta and Yuno, they are the same age as you..." she added while Hayaku nodded lightly.

"Thank you for this.." the young girl told her as her lips turn upwards and bestowing her a smile.

***********************

Sister Lily frowns as she notices young Hayaku looks like a young boy rather than a girl. Her boy-cut hair and clothes that she got from Yuno's closet. They don't have any clothes for her at the moment and Yuno's are the only ones that fit her perfectly.

Yuno and Asta are away to grab some woods in the forest while a young girl with red hair, probably younger than her introduces by Sister Lily as Recca. There is also an infant in Sister Lily's arms whose name is Nash. He has short brown hair and purple eyes.

Hayaku had a pink hue on her cheeks the moment she witnesses the small infant. It is the first time she saw a little human, she called it little human at first.

"He is cute..." Hayaku cooed as her golden eyes shimmer and the squirming little one.

Sister Lily giggled at how Hayaku seems astonished by the presence of the little child and how she called him little human at first.

"Neh! Haya-neesan. Let's get some tatoes. Tatoes!" young Recca told her with excitement laced on her voice. Hayaku was surprised that someone called her big sister but then she doesn't know what tatoes are.

"Tatoes?" she asked her and she arch a brow in confusion. It is the first time she heard such a word.

Sister Lily chuckles as she patted Recca on the top of her head lightly. "Haya is tired Recca. You shouldn't ask her to do some chores now with you...Just wait for Yuno and Asta..." she told her softly with her close eyes smile.