CHAPTER FORTY NINE: THE HEART KINGDOM

The reconstruction of the Royal Capital is still in the process and the other Magic Knights along with their respective Captains are currently working on it.

Noelle, Hayaku, and Ryu were seeking for a certain dream magic user in order to gather some information about curses. Apparently, Noelle has found out something that her big brother hide from her for the longest time.

Hayaku half lifted eyes didn't waver at the water magic user. She could practically see the purple aura radiating around her. Even Ryu who keeps plopping some clover chocolate in his mouth nonstop notices it as well.

"Can't blame her though, after hearing it directly from Nozel..." Hayaku thought as she shoves her hands in her pockets.

Dorothy Unsworth, the Captain of the Coral Peacocks is standing on a roof on a random building in the Royal Capital. She spread her arms as she summons her grimoire.

The chromatic colors of her mana spread across the area as she levitated the chunks of rocks around them. In just a few seconds, they vanish into nothingness.

"Okay. Now I've sent most of the large debris into my dreams." the dream magic user stated with a smile on her lips.

"In mere moments!" one of her squad members complimented.

"That's the Captain of the Coral Peacocks for you!" the other squad member stated proudly.

"Thank you so much, Lady Dorothy." one of the female citizens stated her gratitude.

The dream magic user glances over her shoulder and finally notices the presence of the three. "Well, well... If it isn't the littlest sister of the House of Silva. Did you need something?" he stated in a playful manner.

"I want to know the truth behind my mother's death." Noelle said straightforwardly.

"Did you hear something from Nozel?" Dorothy asked as her unique eyes notice the wary expression on her face.

"Yes..." the silver haired royalty nodded in response.

Flashback

"Lady Acier is the spitting image of Noelle." Hayaku murmured while admiring the large painting portrait of the Steel War Princess.

Nozel hum in response as he remembered the time when his mother asked him to protect his siblings because he is the only one who inherited her steel magic.

"Kind of reminds me of Lady Ciel in the past. I wonder if they are reincarnated as well." she mumbled but loud enough for Nozel to hear.

He saw how her golden eyes glimmer in adoration as she didn't even blink while staring at the portrait of his mother.

"I know mother will also like you just like before..." the mercury magic user truly believes while Hayaku cranes her neck towards him while blinking repeatedly.

The black haired female saw the minuscule smile on Nozel's lips while gazing at her from the corner of his eyes. "Some things really don't change..." she suddenly told him which confuses Nozel.

"What do you mean?" the mercury magic user question.

"Despite your soft demeanor, you can't help to show your soft side when it comes to your family. You should really smile more often." Hayaku admitted with her closed eyes smile.

Nozel eyes widen in a fraction of seconds as he let out an awkward cough. An unnoticeable blush spread across his face from the statement of the black haired female.