CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE: TO BECOME A BETTER PERSON

"It is really alright to leave without saying goodbye?" Ryu asked his master as he places his hands behind his head.

He glances at her from the corner of his eyes while wearing their usual black robes that only reveal the lower part of their faces.

They were walking at the same old road they are pursuing as before, the two of them almost memorize every corner of the said place.

The rustling sound of the tree leaves lingers their ears along with the crunch of dried leaves beneath their feet. The warm breeze kisses their skin as the sunray peaked in between the emerald leaves.

Hayaku opens her mouth and a smile graces on her lips. She pulls out a transmission magic item from her robe and revealed it towards her dragon spirit. A golden cylinder with the House of Taira insignia, a light blue swallowtail in the middle.

"Merlin has a lot of things to do in the meantime. More importantly, he needed to solve the issue with his family first." Hayaku stated with her soft-spoken voice as she gazes upon the magic item on her hold.

"Besides I can contact him with this transmission magic item that Steve gave to me." she continued while Ryu nodded in understanding.

Even though they could use transportation magic, Hayaku still doesn't have enough mana within her due to the incident with her sensei. Overusing the black inferno magic seems to wither up her mana to the bone.

She didn't even accumulate half of her mana after four days, it was a real troublesome situation for her. She realized that despite her inhumane training, it wasn't enough to wield the black flames as much as she can.

There's still a limitation, a thick iron wall that she wanted to break on her own. She gazes upon her right palm and clenches it as hard as she can. She has decided to become stronger... stronger than she anticipated to be.

As they continue their journey, a certain town in the Common Realm caught by their eyes. A town surrounded by forest and farmlands. Most of the town people in there live off to become a farmer, Tiulyu Town.

Hayaku and Ryu are familiar with the said town, they were times that they intentionally stay in the said place to take some rest.

But the town that is filled with farmlands was surrounded by destroyed buildings and farm plots instead. New gravestones and wooden crucifix were burrowed into the cemetery, a gruesome result of the elf's invasion.

After Hayaku notices the solemn and eyes that filled with hopelessness in every town people out there, the warmness in the air were replace by coldness instead.

The black haired female wasn't surprised after she manages to hear some conversation between the Tiulyu people.

Resentment towards the Magic Knights passes through their ears, muttering that they didn't even save them even if they plead. They lose their loved ones before their eyes because the magic they possess isn't enough.

The Magic Knights who vows to protect them did the exact opposite, they hurt them. A tragedy that leaves a huge scar in their hearts and confusion on why their saviors do such a thing.

Even though the revelation about the Magic Knights being possessed by vengeful souls reaches them, there were people who decided to embrace hatred instead.

Hayaku purses her lips into a frown as her half-lifted eyes were filled with concern. Even the dragon spirit understood that losing faith in Magic Knights will lead to something they might unable to control.

That is why they understand Damnatio and the Magic Parliament's actions when they wanted Hayaku and Asta to take the blame instead.

Because the blazing hatred of the people in the Clover Kingdom will be difficult or rather impossible to extinguished if it spread.