CHAPTER SIXTY: LAST STARDUST PART 1

"That new toy is worthless! I don't know where brother found it!"

"It's better if he just tosses it away!"

The eight years old Vanica said with an irritable expression etched on her face. She is currently in the study room together with her seven years old brother, Zenon.

Despite hearing the complaint of Vanica like a broken record, Zenon wouldn't even care to steal a glance as he continued to read the book on his hold.

The toy Vanica is referring to isn't even a real toy to begin with.

Since Vanica enjoys doing strange things for her amusement, she usually plays with these toys. She hates being bored and prone to jealousy.

Knowing these facts, Zenon is able to figure out why she behaves in such a way. First, the toy she is referring to isn't even interesting to play with.

Or it is too interesting to the point that she hated it.

All in all, Vanica is a peculiar one.

"Are you even listening to me!" the blood magic user suddenly grabs the book on Zenon'z hold and swings it with her right hand. "Just tell big brother to get rid of it!"

She even clenches both of her fists and lets out a loud shriek, obviously annoyed at this thing she called a toy. Zenon on the other hand let out a defeated sigh and look at his sister this time. Her crimson eyes glare at him and even click her tongue in annoyance.

"Just get rid of it!"

She repeated and even stomp her right foot like a spoiled brat she is. She throws the book on her hold and mutters incoherent words under her breath.

Zenon is well aware of his sister's twisted personality but it becomes worst when she became the host of the devil. Even though she cannot use the devil's power yet since she doesn't possess a grimoire, her compatibility with the supreme demon is splendid.

Crimson eyes, demonic powers, and twisted personality.

Will he also be one if he became a devil's host?

"I wish to see this toy you are speaking of first." the bone magic-user said with his monotonic voice, leaving the satisfied Vanica after hearing his words.

To be honest, he doesn't have any interest in that specific toy but his sister will surely pester him if he didn't do a single thing.

"Just this once..." whispering under his breath, Zenon's footsteps resonate at the dark hallway in the Spade Castle. The castle that his eldest brother manage to possess when he overthrow the former King.

A dreary and suffocating place for the bone magic-user.

Shifting his eyes towards the room where toys are often lockup, a sudden anxiousness dwells inside his chest. There is something in there or rather someone.

A young girl with short black hair hugs her knees while sitting in one of the corners of the room. Her bare feet have scars while her little hands have some dried blood.

A worn-out crimson dress and a purple mark on her right forearm. He is unable to see her face because she rested her forehead on her knees, black hair covering it completely.

"A child?" he thought and bewildered why his elder brother bring such a fragile girl.

"State your name." the bone magic-user asks, shoving his right hand in his pocket. His blue eyes didn't falter towards her as he notice how she flinches from his voice.