CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE: FALL FROM GRACE PART 1

Darkness...

Everything is filled with blackness and nothing else...

He's there in the middle of the abyss as his onyx eyes filled with emptiness...

But today, his eyes filled with melancholy sparkles because of something else...

A butterfly, a butterfly in front of his eyes as its ravenette wings flutter leaving traces of gold dust...

It is an omen? a prophecy?

What could it be?

But his thought was occupied by the illuminating sight, without even knowing that he already lifted his right hand and pointed his index finger towards the fluttering butterfly.

"Where do you come from, little one?" he whispered as if inviting the so-called little one to land on his fingertip. To his surprise, the butterfly flutters around him and finally accepted his invitation as if kissing it gently.

"Ha..." an amused chuckle can be heard from him as he admired how the butterfly ravenette wings flutter rather slowly. Even though he is already aware of magic and divine power existence, his heart keeps thumping in a peculiar way due to the gold dust it emits, it is certainly mesmerizing.

Suddenly, the enchanting butterfly was engulfed with black flame, vanishing without a trace, such a horrid sight indeed. But he didn't even flinch nor move, it was rather expected because of his curse.

The curse in which everything he touches only meets its end. A power he didn't even want to begin with but it was the fate that was bestowed upon him. A certain destiny that only he could able to venture into, only him and no one else.

His onyx eyes cast down as he saw the black flames emerge beneath his feet, surrounding him completely as if recognizing him as their beloved master.

"How infuriating...Everything is irritating..."

A chuckle escapes between his lips as he places his right hand on the upper part of his face. There were times that he loathed his power and wished it will just consume him as well. But fate seems to hate him that even death is impossible to reach.

"Brother, wake up."

A gentle voice whispered behind his ear as his eyes widen from the familiar voice. He keeps calling him repeatedly as if wishing for him to notice his presence.

"Brother, wake up!"

A stinging pain can be felt on the right side of his cheek along with the metallic taste on the tip of his tongue. As his eyes shifted toward the person who is currently on top of him, he immediately notices the black liquid surrounding his body.

"You are a pain in the ass, brother!"

The white-haired male curses repeatedly as he takes a deep breath from time to time. Their surrounding is filled with blazing black flame and it will continue to spread if he didn't stop him. Fortunately, the black liquid that surrounded him protected him from the deadly magic.

"Thanatos..." he whispered, eyes filled with sympathy after he notices the fear within his brother's eyes.

"Don't call me that, Hypnos." he warns as he pushes him away. The black flame around them slowly disappeared as he pushes himself into a sitting position, placing his right hand on the upper part of his face.

He did it again.

Thousand of years have passed, billions of souls that he already reaps, it was hard for him to keep up to the point that his black flame becomes difficult to suppress.