Chapter 34

[A/N: Hello everyone who's even bothering to read this, I'm really grateful, I am known as Nine, I'm not the real owner of this novel but my friend has left this novel to me due to her not being able to come up with story, this story is way to much lacking in terms of world development as well as many other matters, I might have to rewrite this novel plotline to make it much better from this point forward, I have said I will update in a day but took me two instead, I apologize for it. Its for your own reading experience that I have decided to improve this plot so please bare with me, another update will be in two days.]

-----

With the current urgency, the preparation for departure was delayed even after the close vassal of Albert inspecting the preparation himself.

As such giving Iris the chance to see off her parents personally, the Coming of age banquet ended shortly after the Princess return to the Hall together with her parents.

But it did not left the guests unsatisfied, fortunately. Even though the reason for the early closer was kept sealed from the guests, their respect towards one of the Youngest Ruler (Albert) doesn't let it hinder them.

"Father, mother please take care of yourself through the journey, and do send the message of arrival as soon as you reach there" Iris said giving them a small reassuring smile.

Seeing her smile made Elisabeth emotional for some reason, she engulfed her daughter in a parting embrace, stroking her long silver hair's which shine through the moon light.

She mumbled some instructions to her daughter's ears, like to sleep early or not to tired herself by trying to do her father's workload. This action seems to make Iris feel like she's a little girl all over again.

As it was the first time Elisabeth have to leave her daughter alone, even though she's still in her own territory, her own kingdom, doesn't seems to put a mother's heart at ease... which is indicating that something is going to happen.

Albert puts his hand over Elisabeth's shoulder telling her to its time to depart, Elisa loose her embrace around Iris, still looking at her daughter before kissing her forehead lightly and said "mother will come back soon after checking over grandfather's health"

Iris nodded her head, and looked towards her father who also give her a light peck at forehead, telling her to contact him through mages if anything were to go wrong in kingdom.

After boarding the ship something flashes inside of Albert's mind.... he thought about the prophet.

Iris saw the ship start leave the porch, getting further away... unknowingly her brows frowned together at the sudden emptiness she felt for a fleeting moment at that time.

'why am I feeling like this?' Iris thought putting a hand over her wildly beating heart, she shook her head and started to stare at the still ongoing ship.

*
*
*

Iris sitting inside her study room, reading some documents which her father have given her as work, that he can't able to do so himself because of the sudden trip.

The travel from Siberia to Arundel going to takes full three days through the Sea.

While Iris read through the document, suddenly the sky become dark, a flash of light illuminates at the documents I'm her hands, not long after the sounds of loud thunder fellows it.

Iris who was engrossed in her reading snap's out of it, she looks at the windows which is already closed by her maid's. She stares outside the see through Windows at the lightning and thunder, Along with humming of strong air.

Not too long after the rain start pouring, it started as slow and light rain but then the winds start to get wild as the time passes by in minutes.

Iris who's still staring outside mumbles to herself "I hope you'll be alright mother, father"

She feels it again...the feeling of her chest being contracted to the point of being suffocating.

*

*

*

A week passed by but any news regarding their arrival which Iris have told her parents to send after arriving at Arundel wasn't sent. It made Iris get worried.

Butler Fin knocks on the door of study chamber, which breaks her train of thoughts, after giving permission he comes inside with a small device in his hand.

He said "Princess, a letter has arrived from Arundel"

Iris breathe a sign of relief and take the communication device from him, and said "Thank you Uncle Fin"

But the relieved expression didn't last long as the letter sender was not someone she has expected, a frown appears as further she reads the illusional letter being displayed by the device.

The letter was sent by her grandfather not by her father, the contents state the details about his health, telling Iris not to worry as well as asking if her parents were halfway through Arundel or not...

a thought instantly flash in her mind "If grandfather's letter is asking for father and mother, is that mean they didn't..."

Suddenly the realization hit her, she looks towards the stiff elder Butler by her side and said in a shaking voice "U-Uncle Fin, gather father's trusted vassals, and the head of Knight's brigade" at the end of her order her voice started to gain it's calmness.

She set a emergency meeting with other trusted vassals as well as head Knight also known as Captain of Siberia's royal Knight's brigade.

She explains the situation to them and decided to do search of her family's ship, she insists to join the team herself but Butler Fin and other vassals strongly oppose her decision, not wanting her to be in any danger.

she also sent another letter to Arundel but this time through magic communication device, so it instantly reached.

The reply took another day to reach telling her they'll help Iris search through their sea routes, her grandfather will come to her if he didn't find them in two days around Arundel borderline's