Chapter 35

[A/N: Hello there my dear readers, the sweet provider of yours is here and yes this novel is in continuation just this one aka me was suffering from a severe case of writer's block, you know what that means :( so it took almost 4 days to write this chapter out and a whole month to figure out the emotions, I ain't even kidding. my first draft was soooo unnatural it felt like some robot is reading it for me, my second draft come out pretty ok, but has too many emotions altogether, that it was not giving me the feels, after 2 more drafts, I come to this one, which I have written while thinking of myself being there seeing everything happening in front of my eyes, I hope it made you feel that way too *bows 90%*, I can't promise when the next one will come but I'll make it lengthy]

A solitary figure of a young girl staring longingly off the shore may look pretty in some people's eyes but that some people do not know how emotionally deprived the girl is feeling right now. Her once lively light blue eyes have promptly lost some of their crystal hues, instead, her eyes are bloodshot and tired, and she is looking like she wants to slit the sea in front of her apart.
It's been exactly two days and one night since her maternal grandfather has contacted Iris about the investigation, she has expected some sort of clue about her parent's sudden disappearance through it, but on the dawn of the third day, she did not expect what she heard from her grandfather.

That one specific message from the other side has broken something inside of her. Which she can't explain in words even if someone asks her to. Everything in front of her eyes looks still, her whole surrounding feels so quiet, but this voice inside her is screaming in her ears, which she could not hear carefully, she wants to hear it carefully, she wants to know what it is saying to her.
When she was staring towards the shore, she remembers' their eyes looking towards her with worry, but their faces have that reassuring smile, which she knows was for her to feel at ease but now, when she needs that smile, that presence of theirs, they are not here for her.

"Iris, my dearest daughter..."

She suddenly hears a very familiar and warm voice. It started as a sweet whisper just a breath away from her ears, she has turned as fast as she could but what she saw is just emptiness, she mumbles to herself "mother..."she knows, she heard her mother just now. She turns to the side where she has heard her, looking left and right, quietly mumbling to herself. That's when she saw a blurred familiar petite figure of a very beautiful woman, before she knew it, her eager hands were reaching out to her, her feet were moving toward the figure, she wants to touch her, feel her warm embrace again. But the more she moves closer the far the figure moves away.
"Please, please mother...don't go", at last, the mumbles turn into pleads, the silent world around her soon started to turn black. Before she knew it she stars to incline forward, and her vision gave out, she collapsed unconscious on the ground.

***

The Personal attendant responsible to dress Iris up in the morning paced in front of the said princess's bed-chamber. Strangely enough, the princess who wakes up even before the sun rose from the horizon is not yet woken up even after its past 11 AM. The personal attendant doesn't dare to be disrespectful and barge into the Princess's bed chambers, as The Princess has not yet called for any assistance from her. After much consideration, she decides to inform the head butler and let him handle what to do next.

In the main Dining Hall, the Butler was looking through the breakfast prepared for the princess which has yet to be delivered, as Princess has not come to the hall either, nor has she ordered anyone to bring it. Rather in dilemma, The head Butler ordered for the breakfast to be made again, while he decides to visit the Princess himself, even though these past few days the princess has been in a daze and angst most of the time but she never misses her meals or daily training, as it has been engraved in her person, almost everyone in the castle knows of this fact. While halfway through the halls, he almost bumped into the princess's personal attendant, she also bows to him and said "Butler Fin I've been just coming to inform you, The Princess has not pulled the rope yet, and I've not heard anything from inside the chamber, This attendant dares to be unreasonable and ask the Head Butler to check if the Princess is alright."

Butler Fin nods his head and together with the attendant made his way towards the Princess's chambers, upon reaching he knocked on the door and said "Your highness if you are awake please open the door" but the response came as silence, sighing he asked for the attendant to open it, "then pardon this lowly servant your highness", when the door opens what met them were an empty chamber, Butler Fin furrowed his brows then nods at the attendant, she searched the whole chamber but not even the shadow of the princess was found.