Chapter 40

Throughout the chaos going around at the Siberia side, there's another person who has been restless and wants to hurry to Princess' side.

And that person right now is rushing through the wide hallway filled with male teenagers, some around his own age while some older than him.
His slender figure along with his beautiful golden blonde hairs, and sea green eyes makes him stand out from the crowd of students.

Reaching around the corner, coming face to face towards the huge closed door he pushed it open with force, Stern looking middle aged man sitting on the chair turned to look at him. The man sighed, gesturing to him to sit in front of him.

"So have you got the message but you know the rules you can't go it's going to be the time for semester exams. The men said in a coaxing tone.

"But master this is urgent, I have to go no matter what and I have already taken the leave before any of this happened. I was supposed to be there today but if it's not for the incident that happened here I would have been accompanying my friend. This semester evolution is important but the Princess of Siberia is more than just important to me. I ask for your understanding just this time Master"

His master replies "Carlos, I am supporting you. But even if you went you won't be able to change anything. it is not up to you Carlos, and if you leave right now you won't be able to reach there before 2 to 3 weeks. The transportation portal is not set on every Kingdom. As well as the shortage of magical equipment in Siberia."

Carlos fell silent, both of his hands on his face, rubbing them in frustration "I don't know... master but I want to stay by her side right now."

Master sighed, his fingers pinching the nose bridge in frustration and he said "how about you use a crystal communication device. Talk to her and ask her, then leave"

Carlos thought for a while, then nodded his head. The crystal communication device is placed in the corner of the room. Carlos's master has been the special teacher of the academy, and also been his father's and uncle Albert's friend, for some reason they stopped communicating with him but as much as he has seen his master he cares a lot about uncle Albert.

His master leaves the room to give him privacy. For which Carlos feels grateful for his understanding.

He poured some of his internal mana into the crystal, thinking about his destination the crystal shines with a golden hue.

It takes more than 15 minutes before the other side answers, the face of the princess comes into view. She looks exhausted. With prominent dark circles around her eyes, but the look inside her eyes says otherwise, it's like she's filled with some sort of determination.

Carlos feels his heart ache seeing her like this, he said muttering "why do you look like this?"

Iris laughed and asked "Why? Am I looking ugly?"

Carlos sighed at her attempt to lighten up the mood "you know that's not what I meant. Are you alright Iris?"

Iris sighed, her eyes showing the tiredness and fatigue for the first time she said "I don't know... I truly don't know whether I'm alright or not but I'm not someone who gives up so easily Carlos. You know this the best."

Her lips curve up in a small smile, which makes Carlos want to rush to her side and hug her tight, to tell her everything will be alright, he's by her side.

So he asked what he contacted to ask for "Iris, I want to help. I-" he paused thinking about how to continue, this happens all the time. Most of the time Iris gets it by herself what he's trying to say.

Just like right now, "No Carlos, not right now. Siberia is not stable as of now, and I've already contacted uncle Cris. I know you want to help and you could help but don't waste your year, I want you to focus on it please. Dad will be sad if you do so...and I might blame myself for it"