chapter 27

Royal Academy, known for its high level education for youths. Even mage tower mages have to pass the exams from there.

Royal Academy started its admission every year in spring, where Royal family's offspring from many country have to go through admission exams. While some come by donating for scholarship students.

these exams were held for commoners in their consecutive towns. Only the top 20 commoners got the chance to study with scholarship. the age should be 13  to 14 for commoners and exactly 13 for Royals.

*

*

*

Two years passed by smoothly for both Iris and Carlos.

Carlos hence gained more knowledge from his Uncle Albert, whereas Iris have become even better then Carlos in physical as well as weaponry fighting and  didn't even spare him at theoretical academics.

A month before some professors came from Royal Academy to take Carlos exams and he met Iris as well. He was impressed by her intelligence and offer her to to join the Academy even if its against the rule (Academy don't accept Princesses, give private lessons at their respective kingdoms)

But Albert politely decline the offer, and so processor couldn't persuade further, as he also know that Albert has been the most intelligent as well a genius graduate from their Academy, as such Iris already have the best teacher for her.

Present time....

the acceptance letter for Carlos admission arrived and he have to leave for Royal Academy which is in mainly located in Capital Kingdom, the center of all the Kingdoms.

The traveling takes at least three weeks, so he have to leave the next day.

Even after scolding him to rest for the day, Carlos still insist to practice with Iris for the last time before leaving for the Academy.

Iris as always practice with all her might, and so does Carlos. They both have a sword showdown with each other and Iris wins yet again.

Iris stares at Carlos for a while and said "you deliberately lose today, and you know I don't like winning like this".

Carlos scratches his back of head and said in a almost audible voice  "I'm just..... not in form today". Iris just nodded and said "ohhh".

"You..... really Iris?" he said looking at her. Iris roll's her eyes at his dramatic self and said "ok, ok fine stop behaving like you won't be coming back, dumbo".

Carlos crossed his arms and said feeling offended "Humph, you wish" and leave huffing, making his way to his room. Iris just sigh and continued with her practice alone.

later that night, Iris made her way to the garden and saw Carlos sitting on the swinging seat, looking all depressed. Iris sigh again and thought 'this boy really, if anyone saw him right now, who would believe he's three years older than me'

She walks toward him and sit down besides him, the latter turned his head away from her, refusing to even see her. she said while trying to act cute "big brother Carlos~ don't be so grumpy you are going tomorrow, don't be angry at this little Iris" {E/N: I visibly cringed}

Carlos sneak a peek at her and said "Humph, who care if I'm leaving or not. Specially you don't right? then isn't this much better, I won't be coming to meet you again!", Iris look at him in disbelief then calming herself out, she tried to console him again "please don't say that, you're the one and only best friend of this little girl, no one can replace you. please forgive me big brother Carlos.... pleaasee, I'm sorry"

seeing her apologize so sincerely, made him chuckle lightly turning towards her, he patted her head, even after the latter glared at him but he still did. After talking for a while, Iris start become sleepy and put her head on Carlos shoulder, she drifted in her dream land.

But Carlos didn't realize it and continues to talk, after sometime he said with a sad smile "Iris, I'll come back for holidays and .....and I'll miss you, I....I just want to ask will you wait for me?" but what he heard were just calm breathing sounds from her.

that's when he realised that Iris have already fallen asleep, she always let her guard down around him. He smiles gently seeing her sleeping peacefully while leaning on his shoulder. He pick her up on his back and made his way towards her room and after tucking her inside her bed he leaves for his room.

The next morning Iris and Albert both see off Carlos to the carriage and he left to start his own journey to the Academy.....