Chapter 8

In the past when Queen Elisabeth was three months pregnant with Iris, the kingdom of Siberia broke into a battle with the neighboring country.

The Kingdom of Siberia is known as a peacemaking country because King Albert is one of the simple-minded person who never chooses to attack someone first.

But that doesn't mean he or his military forces are weak. That is what king Evans did, he underestimated them and thought they were weak.

He didn't come himself for the battle instead he sends his son for it. His son was way stupid than his father, he kidnapped some of the citizens and few Noble ladies of Siberia to put pressure on King Albert but it backfired.

This move made Albert, make the battle as s historical event as he himself goes to the battlefield to save the innocent lives. He saved them as well as fight with half of the warrior group of enemies himself while the other half were also suffering the same fate as the first half of the warriors by his knights.

The knights are just the third tenth in numbers compared to his attacking forces.

But the son of King Evan did not accept his defeat, and not only that he himself sneaks into the palace to harm Queen Elisa for his revenge.

Elisa is a beauty herself but only a handful of people know that she is also good at wielding swords. King Evan's son attacks Elisa but she fights against him. Elisa got distracted for a second and at that opportunity, the prince takes the chance to grasp one of her hand. He pinned her both hands behind her.

He placed his sword against her throat, but before he could cut her throat, Albert throws his sword towards his legs and he dropped. Then he stabs the intruder as a defense.

This becomes the reason king Evans hates King Albert to his bones.

------------

In the present,

After saying all that to Iris, he took out a small dagger to kill her.

But Albert noticed that his daughter is with King Evans and at that also alone. Then he realizes that king Evans has a dagger in his hand, he shouts towards their direction "Evans! stay . away . from . my . daughter!!!".

He hurriedly runs towards the throne but before he could reach it Evans lifts Iris in his one hand and hold the dagger close to her throat in other hand and said mockingly "ha-ha Albert good you're here, now see your daughter die by my hands"

Albert's eyes horrified looking at his daughter being in danger, he tries to coax Evans while stumbling on his words "Evans l-listen our battle has nothing to do with a little girl, s-she's just merely a  year old child. Evans, please leave her, you-you wants your revenge right. So-so kill me, just leave her please I beg you"

Evans starts laughing evilly and said in amusement "good, very good Albert beg! but tsk-tsk (clicking his tongue) to your disappointment, I'm not gonna leave this child alive today, after all, you have also taken the life of my one and only son."

Albert shouts "Don't! "

Evans just going to cut iris' throat but suddenly the baby girl cries out louder, and chilled wind with snow surrounds both of them, it frees out Iris from his grasp and throw Evans to the ground. Iris was also going to hit the ground but snow forms below her and she landed on a soft layer of snow.

Everything happens so quickly that no one got the time to react. Every person present in the hall has questions written all over their faces, questions like How did this happen? From where did the snow come from? And many more questions like that.

The first one to react is Albert, he hurriedly takes his daughter in his embrace and orders his knights "take this person away and show him, how we treat those who try to harm my country people and especially my family!"

But before the knight could reach Evans, a ray of blue light come from Iris's hand and land on Evans's feet. Evans starts turning into ice from his feet, he panicked and shouted "y-you! That! T-that child is a monster! Stop! I said st...tto...p"

But before he could say anything else he already becomes an ice sculpture from head to toe.

The hall becomes silent once more, there is a pin drop silence as every person is stupified and didn't know what to say or what to even think. Even Albert who is holding Iris in his arms was just staring at the frozen sculpture of King Evans.

As he isn't able to believe that the sculpture was a living, breathing person a just a moment ago, and the most unbelievable thing is that.... the condition he (King Evans) is in right now is caused by his own daughter.

His daughter has powers, he isn't able to believe his eyes. What? How? Why? Many questions coming inside his brain.

But then a voice breaks the silence "what happened here?" its none other than the queen, Elisabeth.

And of course, she doesn't know what happened as she could not able to witness it; she was called outside when a maid tells her that her parents have arrived. It was also the reason why she wasn't able to return to her daughter early.

She lost the track of time when she saw her parents after a long time and as the hall is filled with guests, she knows she won't be able to talk to them properly so she led them to the garden first.

But she got worried when she saw the maid she leave with her daughter coming towards her, bowed down and said "her majesty, the queen of Siberia. Glory and blessing fall upon the kingdom of Siberia".

Elisa gestures the maid to stand up then asked "what is the matter? Why are you here when I've assigned you to be with the princess?"

The maid said while sweat dripping off her head "b-but her majesty, someone said you called for me".

Elisa said "when did I...." something suddenly clicked in her mind, she panicked "something is wrong, I should go back inside" she hurriedly made her way to the hall with her parents tailing behind her.