Chapter 24

while Iris started her swordsmanship training with General Kuan.

On the other hand, there's someone trying very hard to find her desperately.

In the last five years, the first Prince has visited the church of the central Kingdom four times in hopes to maybe see her again, in order to fulfill his promise to her.

A pretty little angel who causes his brain to only think about her, the little baby girl who resembles just like a doll.

He has to stop his childish tantrum as his father calls it because of his said father afterwards and start his training of being the pillar of the whole Vampire clan, the crown prince but he couldn't give up on her and will not give up ever either.

On a cold dark night, the teen boy[1]  is sitting on a bench of the large garden staring at the moon mumble to himself "where are you right now, sweet angel. Are you real or just my dream... an illusion."

he gets up from the bench, proceeds to lay down on the slight damp but fresh grass while again his gaze found its way towards the shining moon, staring for a long time, then closing his tired eyes to rest.

But when his eyes were closed, he saw them again.... the crystal like light blue eyes, the most beautiful pair of eyes he has ever seen. those eyes that can make one forget everything while it drowns one deep into them.

His train of thoughts got interrupted when he heard a distant voice calling out to, a just entered teen phase little girl's voice (real age 5) "Prince Vin!, Prince Vin!!!, Are you there? Prince Vin!!!"

the boy frowned thinking about the sweet but sharp voice owner and he says in his mind 'ugh, What is she doing here? Don't tell me she is here for me again. have to hide fast' and so the first prince went to hide behind the bushes of the maze in the centre of the garden.

when the girl saw that the bench was empty she again called out again in her peach-like sweet voice "Prince Vin!!, His Majesty told me that I can play chess with you, prince Vin! if you're there so please come out"

That's when come a very playful voice of another boy (real age seven) "seems like big brother is not in a mood to play, so isn't it useless to keep shouting for him? Why don't play with me, Princess Laura?"

the girl named Laura replied with panic in her eyes while looking at the boy in the front "n-no!!, I-I don't want to play with you"

the boy said with a fake hurt expression while his voice also sounds sad "why... I'm just asking you to play with me"

Laura said shaking her head left and right "No!, I won't play with you at all. you always bully me when we play".

the boy said "but I'm just playing a prank with you that time".

Laura eye reveal the fear at the mention of prank "N-No!, I don't want to play with you!"

the first prince who is hiding in the bushes sign and thought 'if I didn't show up now they'll definitely end up arguing again, why I always have to clear up their mess, why my lovely little brother have to always provoke her, what fun did he find in annoying her anyway, and why she have to annoy me' (so many why's )

Princess Laura is already at the brink of crying, but suddenly Prince Vin come out from the maze garden have in the center.

He said politely "princess Laura what are you doing here at this late of time"

Princess Laura's eyes brighten up and the tears which were seems to drop any moment before, vanished god know's where, she said while smiling brightly "I just want to play chess with you, then Second prince come and..."

before she could start with her string of complaints, the second prince said "oh big brother here you are, you don't know princess Laura searching for you for soo long"  at the last of his sentence he wink's at Vin, as his back was facing Laura she couldn't able to notice it.

Vin reply with a acknowledge sound to second prince "En"

He turn towards Laura and said "its already late, you should go and rest"

she replied while pouting like a spoiled princess she is "but...but then tomorrow, you again don't play with me and got busy with training"

Vin sighed for the nth time and said "fine, I'll promise I'll play with you tomorrow, now go rest ok. I have to talk to my brother" she nodded and leave them alone.

Vin said in stern tone "what were you trying to do before Travis..." yes it was not a question...

As Vin thought, Travis made the most innocent face subjected at him and said in his usual playful voice "I'm just trying to help you by getting her busy. big brother I just want to play with her ".

At this Travis look towards his big brother's face, which shows 'I'm not buying it'.

Travis chuckle and said "fine, I admit I was going to pull a prank on her later but it was if you haven't showed up"

Vin hit back of this head lightly and Travis winced in pain, while rubbing the area, over dramatic as ever.

Vin said "you know, you would have provoked father's anger with that, haaa..... why you always do all....this Travis!?, you know I can't protect you from punishments forever"

Travis give him a small smile and said "Fine, I won't do it again but...." he took a pause before continuing with that smirk on his face "I can't promise that" and here he goes running away aging.

Vin took a deep breath then sigh... again, he shook his head at his childish brother with a slight smile.

Even though Vin is also a kid but he has to grow up faster than other kid's mentally for him to be the one who can support the future Kingdom Valerie.

------------

Author's explanation:-
[1] as a vampire kid he grows up at pretty fast pace, while he's only 8 year old in reality.
The vampire kids start growing at abnormal speed after they reach 5 and it goes on till they got 15 where they literally look like 19! (This is all made up by me after all it's a fantasy world😉)