Chapter 9

When Elisa was outside the hall door she stopped suddenly as she could not even listen a sound from inside, this made her thoughts gone wild, she becomes even more worried.

She got inside after building up some courage and saw that everyone is silent and no one is even moving but staring in the same direction, but what caught her attention was Albert and her daughter in his hands.

Albert is also staring in the same direction as others she got even more curious and asked: "what happened here?"

She got everyone's attention on her. Albert turns towards her and stares at her with a confused gaze but didn't utter a single word. She got closer to Albert and her sight was caught by an ice sculpture of a man, it took her a while to recognize the men.

She curiously asked "my majesty, why is there a sculpture of king Evans; did you asked to make it for him" she lowers her voice and said "even so, why in this position, it looked frightened of something"

But still, Albert didn't say a thing, just staring at her: blankly.

She grew even more worried, grabs a corner of his cloak, and asks "Majesty... majesty...? Albert!, answer me why are you silent? Why is nobody telling me what is going on here?"

Someone builds up some courage and said: "her majesty that sculpture.... is the real king Evans, Princess..... she-she made him turned into ice".

Elisa says "what?! How could Iris do something like this? Albert, please explain, what has happened when I'm not here."

This time the knight who supposes to capture king Evans tells everything that happens when Elisa was not in the hall. Even Elisa got shocked by just listening.

Then one of the neighboring country's king said "King Albert I think your daughter...um.... is a mage [1]" by that comment everyone comes back to their conscious state.

Someone from the crowd again said, "but how could a king's daughter turns out to be a mage?"

Albert again turns his attention towards his daughter and stare into her sparkly eyes just like he was asking her 'Iris how you know how to use magic?'

Someone from the crowd come in front and said "I'm Cither one of the known mages from kingdom Lurie if king Albert don't  have any problem, then can I check the princess, maybe I could able to tell if she's a mage or not"

Albert just nodded and Cither comes closer to Iris and put his one hand on her forehead then closes his eyes. After some time he opened his eyes and have a confused look in his eyes.

Cither said "king Albert, Princess is not a mage as I can't able to feel any mage mana inside her but..." then Albert turns his head towards Cither and asked, "but what Sir Cither?".

Cither continued "princess might not be a mage but she contains a holy power, I suggest that king Albert you should take her to the high priest of the central kingdom"

Everyone nodded in agreement and Albert said "Alright... I will consider what you suggest sir Cither".

*

*

*

The banquet ended shortly.

After the banquet, Elisa, Albert, Elisa's parents, and Iris were inside Albert's study chamber.

Elisa is walking back and forth, while Albert and others are sitting on the sofa. And Iris is sleeping soundly inside her cradle.

Albert can't able to take it anymore and said "Elisa, calm down and please sit back. I know its difficult to believe what I said before but its true. I saw it with my own eyes, Iris has those unknown powers. Don't stress over too much, your health will effect"

Elisa stops walking and sits beside Albert then places her head on his shoulder. She said "Albert I believe you but how could Iris have those powers..... I-I just don't understand that and you know what, I accidentally listen to one of the people saying that Evans called my daughter an...." Elisa paused for a while letting out a frustrated sigh and continued "...a monster. I don't want anyone to call my daughter that."

Albert said "Elisa he was a monster himself, who will believe him. Don't worry no one will call our daughter that, no one dares to call" his voice is cold and contains warning in the last part.

After a long silence, Elisa's father said "Albert, son I think you should visit the central Kingdom and meet the high priest. I know, it did not matter to you what people say but I think you should consider what that mage said".

Albert again lost in his thoughts. After a while, he said "ok father, I think you are right. I should make a trip to the central Kingdom along with Iris and Elisa. What do you think my queen" he turns his head towards Elisa to calmly ask.

She said "I think it's fine, we should clarify everything there"

They both turn to look at their daughter, who was sleeping soundly.

Albert wants to start preparing to leave first thing in the morning but because of some incomplete important documents, he has to get done, it got a little delayed.

-------------------------------------------

As everyone in the palace is busy with work outside Kingdom Siberia is in an uproar. Every person has a question in their mind. There are rumors going on like their princess contains black magic or some were like princess contains monstrous blood.

There is even a rumor that says the Kingdom of Siberia is covered in snow because of their princess. But what they don't know is their last rumor is actually true.

Within a week everything is ready and the royal family of Albon, the three of them were ready to depart for the central Kingdom.

They don't know that this trip is going to turn something special for their daughter and for her future.........

-------------------------------

[1] mage- a magician works under the kingdom and its king. Their rank was decided by the amount of mana they possess and the control they have on their mana.