Chapter 10

In three days, the royal family of Albon reaches the central kingdom. Instead of heading towards the central church (E/N: so many central), Albert thought of visiting his friend who is none other than the king of the central kingdom, Christopher.

Christopher is a childhood friend of Albert, he also received the invitation of Iris's birthday but he was busy with some things in the kingdom that is the reason he can't able to attend it.

But he is well known about the incident that took place during the banquet. He also knows the reason for Albert's visit to his kingdom and he was sure that Albert will come to his palace first thing as well, so he already prepares everything for Albert and his family for a stay.

Albert and others reach Christopher's palace, where he is waiting for them in the garden. Albert gets down from his horse and then help Elisa to get down from the carriage, Iris is sleeping in Elisa's arms.

after getting the news of his friend's arrival.

Christopher rushes forward to greet his friend "welcome to my humble abode, brother Albert, sister in law...... Wow, how's this beauty in your arms" he asked in his always playful manner. 

Before Elisa could answer Albert said sternly "if you had come to the banquet you could have known Chris"

Chris said "I'm really sorry brother but I'm truly busy that day, I'll tell you the reason first come inside, I'll get them to make some tea. And I want to get to know my niece properly too, Brother Albert".

All of them head inside.

In the garden, the maids have prepared the tea for all. Albert, Chris, Elisa together with Iris in her embrace sit on the chairs. Chris said while putting both of his hands in front, asking while making an exited expression "sister in law, can I take my niece"

Elisa smiled and said while putting the sleeping Iris in Chris arms "of course! brother in law, just hold her a litter tightly" Elisa explain to Chris how to carry Iris properly.

Chris is three years younger than Albert; he is married and has a little prince with his queen. His wife is also known as true beauty but not as beautiful and confident as Elisa. Even Elisa and Chris's wife are also best friends.

When Chris becomes comfortable with Iris in his embrace he also sits down. Elisa said, "where is my friend, brother in law and also where is my little cutie!"

Chris's son is three years older than Iris. The little prince is also cute and smart, we can say he would become a really handsome young man in the future (or might be a supporter of Iris in the future)

Chris said, "sister in law, Elian[1] is out in the town for something to buy personally and Carlos[2] is in the study room before with his tutor."

Elisa said "that's fine, brother in law, I can wait"

Albert said, "now Chris tells me why you can't able to come to the banquet?"

Chris said, "Brother Albert, it's like... you know the king of Valarie, the kingdom of vampires".

Albert reply with "hmm"

Chris continues "he was staying here in the central kingdom since the day before the banquet with both of his sons and his subordinate; he was with me on the day of the banquet that's why I can't able to come, brother."

Albert said with concern "what is he doing here?"

Just when the talk becomes about the business of kingdoms Elisa takes Iris with her to take some rest before going to church.

Christopher said "Brother Albert, about that..." Chris gestures others to leave them alone then continues "he said his second son has some problems in intake of blood, he came here to meet the high priest. The priest has told him to stay for some more days so he could check the situation with the second prince. Today might be the last day of his stay"

Albert said "is that so, I heard a rumor that the second prince is half-vampire"

Christopher said "that might be the reason for his extra thirst for blood, he is just two years old right now but it's getting more and more complicated. King Valerian is really worried for him"

Albert said "I can understand, king valerian is one of the strongest rulers but every father is helpless when it comes to their son or to their daughter"

"You are right brother Albert, *sign*," Chris said.

Albert asked curiously "as you say he is just two years old so doesn't it normal for small kids to have some improper apatite. He is a vampire but that doesn't mean some of the normal rules don't apply on them"

"What you are saying is quite right but..." after some silence, Chris continued "*sign* Brother Albert actually other kids his age were able to have some improper apatite but his case is on a totally different level. Four human maids of the Valarie palace who serves their blood to the royal family were died because of excessive blood loss, and that happened when they served the little second prince"

Chris again pause then said "Brother Albert this information which I told you right now is quite personal for king valerian, but I believe you the most that's why I shared it with you but I didn't tell this to anyone; I wasn't planning to tell this information to anyone anyway"

Albert said "I think I shouldn't have asked about it in the first place, but was just curious. I have sent the invitation to King Valerian as well about the birthday banquet but he said he was busy at that time, I think this might be the reason for him to be busy. *sigh* the second prince will get better for sure, king valerian had made a really good decision about coming here to meet the priest."

"Oh, that reminds me I should take my leave to the church as well," Albert said.

Chris said "ok brother, I'll ask maids to call sister in law and ask some guards to prepare a carriage for you"

After saying this Chris leaves to make preparation while Albert sits in the chair thinking about something.

----------------------------------

[1] Elian: Chris's wife and queen of the central kingdom

[2] Carlos: Chris's son and the little prince of the central kingdom.