Chapter 25 - Uncurling the Curled Scales

Chapter 25 - Uncurling the Curled Scales

Aldrin and Sef ran towards the fog.

Sef's bright red light from his staff was enough for them to find their entire way, with Sef's strong sense of magic leading them to where the dragon's lower body was.

Above them, they could still see the dragon's heads looking above as if it were looking from something above them. Whatever Adrian and Devon were doing, it was definitely working. And Aldrin was sort of glad at that, maybe they got their issues sorted now or something? It was horrible walking with two people who were in a cold war.

Sef sharply turned left, with Aldrin in tow, their speed never decelerating. This was Aldrin's mom's favorite place in the world. He cannot let this place get ruined by some monster. And also, this was action. Just a few days after being a Descendant and he was already facing a dragon!

How cool was that?

"How close are we?" Aldrin asked the Egyptian beside him.

"Close," Sef simply replied. Aldrin was impressed at how Sef could sprint, talk, and sense magic while he had his eyes closed. He decided he was content with that answer, it was better to not bother the Egyptian and his magic.

After a few minutes more of running, a loud roar echoed above them. Aldrin turned to glimpse at it, watching as Devon was using his powers to bump the dragon's heads with each other. The heads looked like they were trying to eat Devon, who flew higher than them, but their eyes were dazed, as a series of balls of light came striking them in the eyes, followed by a huge beam of light energy.

An arm shot out to hold Aldrin back, making him stumble forward and almost kiss the grassy ground. He turned to Sef, who was staring at something in front of them in awe.

He turned at what Sef was staring, and he was sure his expression was almost the same at what he saw.

They were there.

And the dragon's lower body was huge. It was like the body of a huge four-legged creature that was covered with scales. Its paws were like the feet of a huge dinosaur from a Jurassic Park film, its nails thick and sharp and were definitely deadly when you get stepped by it. Its front leg and back legs were long and were far from each other. It was long enough for a couple of huge buses to fit in the length.

Its lower body was tall enough to reach the fog, but when Aldrin looked closer, Aldrin saw the three long necks that sprouted out from its torso and how they were currently wrapped around the large tree like a snake.

And their mission, uncoil the monster from the main source of energy, which meant they had to go and uncoil its necks from the tree.

"Dude, don't tell me we have to go up to untwist it from there," Aldrin said, as he remained staring. It was probably not helpful, seeing as his twin and his twin's best friend were risking their lives to give them time.

"Well, the temperature above is slightly lower," Sef said, as he too remained staring above them, "Using our powers from here could weaken it when it reaches the snake's skin."

"Which means..." Aldrin trailed off, dreading the next few words from Sef.

"We have to climb up and uncoil it from there," Sef supplied.

"How exactly do we even get up there?" Aldrin asked him.

"Hold still," Sef said, as he shouted something in another language.

A rock formation that was similar to earlier when Sef prevented the nymphs from escaping emerged below Aldrin's feet, raising both him and the Egyptian to the Dragon's neck where it began wrapping itself around the tree.