Chapter 18 - A Sleeper's Nightmarish News

Chapter 18 - A Sleeper's Nightmarish News

Aldrin initially expected practice dummies.

And definitely not hologram monsters.

He shot an arrow towards an ape man that hit Cora, and another that tried to attack Finnian from behind. Sef seemed to be doing well all alone, as sand surrounded his entire feet that buried the hologram monsters within. He was high above a tall rectangular rock formation that he emerged earlier from the fight. It was in the middle of the sand, with him on top and his staff glowing brightly.

Aldrin aimed an arrow towards a Cyclops who wasn't inside the storm cloud Cora manipulated, hitting it square in the eyes. He wasn't that surprised at his aim—he always had a perfect one during basketball games, but he was surprised that he knew how to use a bow and to perfectly pull the string to hit an enemy squarely.

He turned down and aimed an arrow to a monster dog that was making its way to the bleachers. It wasn't the first one, as it led a horde of dogs, ape men, and Cyclopes towards him.

One by one, Aldrin tried to shoot them. He struck a huge Cyclops by monster standards right in the head and it fell down and crushed the monsters behind it. He hit an ape man that lunged at him, making it fly backwards down to the grounds.

Aldrin ran away from his place to the bleachers, trying to escape the numerous monsters that were approaching him. How exactly were they going to finish this?

An ape man jumped in front of him. Aldrin recalled Cora calling it a Mono Grande earlier, but Aldrin preferred ape man. It was easier to remember. It swung its huge paws towards him, but Aldrin was quicker as he jumped up to another level of the bleachers and had his hand outwards to release another heat wave.

It hit and weakened the ape man for the time being, but Aldrin had another idea. Was this idea thing some kind of trait the Apollo kids have? He still had his outstretched hand, but this time, instead of a wave, he thought of something like a beam. Like the one that comes out of Sef's staff.

His palm generated a bright mixture of yellow and orange colored-energy ball, as a beam of the said colors was released towards the ape. The intensity of the attack left Aldrin's palm smoking, and it made him stumble backwards in the bleachers. Shocked, Aldrin watched as the ape was ignited with fire before disappearing in the hologram thingy.

He turned to his still-smoking palm. Now, that was something else.

Aldrin smirked.

Shit just got real.

"Guys!"

As quick as that word entered Aldrin's ears, the monsters disappeared like holograms—all of them. He turned back and saw the same thing as monsters seemed to disappear in a flash of dark column of light.

They did it.

Smiling proudly, Aldrin looked around as the entire football field once again lit up brightly and transform into the same metal dome. And being high on the bleachers, he fell down to the ground in a small 'oof', but that didn't take away the triumphant smile on his face.

He turned towards the others. But what he saw changed his mood.

Sef was lying on the floor, a little limp, as Cora and Finnian was both on his side.

Lionel and Haven suddenly appeared beside Aldrin in a bright flash of light, and without a word, the three took off towards where the Egyptian was lying.