Chapter 3 - The Third

"Shield!" Sef commanded, the end of his staff glowing in bright light.

A huge crack on the tiled floor appeared, followed by a huge wall of rock that rose, blocking the oncoming ogre attacks.

Finnian raised an eyebrow at him. "Elemental?"

"Egyptian elemental," Sef corrected, smirking.

Finnian grinned at his response, his scythe elongating. It was a 5-foot long scythe, with black handles and gold highlights on them.

"Oh, well. Let's see what more you can do, then," he said, before leaping over the huge wall and attacking the ogres.

Sef smirked. This was going to be his first time he'd face a real battle. One with real monsters and not other Egyptians. This time, Sef knew he wouldn't hold back with these beasts.

He leaped against the wall as well, landing on top of the huge boulder that separated him and the ogres. The beasts were terrifying the same way  they were disgusting with their huge beaded eyes and their large noses but thin lips. Two of the beasts were fighting off Finnian, wherein the other trying to blast off the wall with his club.

"Burn," Sef muttered, his staff pointed towards the ogre attacking his wall.

Flames erupted in front of the ogre, who stepped back at the slight heat and looked around trying to find him. Sef repeated his command, where his staff burned the back of the ogre's place.

This made the ogre look at him and glared, or at least he assumed it was a glare, and began attacking him.

Sef released a beam of red light from his scepter towards the ogre, where it hit the floor and turned to red sand. The ogre thought twice on stepping at it, rendering it unbalanced. He jumped to the floor, landing in front of the beast as he slammed his scepter to the ogre's leg.

The ogre groaned in pain, but quickly regained his balanced. He clenched his club, and then went for Sef.

The demigod ducked just in time before the ogre got to whip its club at him. He quickly rolled to his side before the ogre smashed his club to the ground.

"Scorch!" Sef commanded after he rolled. His was-scepter shone in red light, before it released a huge burst of flame towards the ogre, who then groaned in pain.

He didn't give the ogre any time to react when he lunged for it, hitting the ogre with his scepter on the head, and then proceeded over to its leg, where he gave it another slam.

"Swallow!" He commanded. The tiled floor disintegrated into sand, before it began expanding and deepening.

The sand began swallowing the ogre up to its knees. Sef smiled in triumph. He could defeat this.

~

An ax flew over Finnian's head before it hit the ogre's club he was about to smash.

He looked back, seeing Cora with a cut on her lip. Gold blood was pouring from it to her jaws. Finnian acknowledged her with a nod.

He looked back at the defenseless ogre in front of him, giving it a slash using his scythe before it disintegrated it to ash.

He turned to Cora, watching as the heir of the Valkyries had z hand-to-hand combat with the last ogre. He turned towards the Egyptian, Sef didn't look like he had a problem with his ogre, that was already on its neck, about to get swallowed by the sand it was in.

"He's the one?" Cora commented, suddenly beside him. Finnian looked from her to the ogre she was supposed to be fighting. It was still sizzling, with smoke coming out from its lips and nose.