Chapter 9 - Bright Man's Ironcar

Chapter 9 - Bright Man's Ironcar

Adrian ran with his twin and his twin's girlfriend back to their school.

Thunder rumbled from the sky, and the sound of stone breaking made Adrian's stomach churn in dizziness at what was going on.

He didn't understand a damn thing this afternoon.

First, he just discovered that his best friend was some freaky guy that could lift things, including him, and could make black portals, and could talk to them in their heads.

Second, more people like his best friend came to their school and looked like they were out there to get something, or more like someone, since D said they were being hunted.

And, yeah. That was probably the last one, apparently, they were being hunted!

Their other classmates greeted them there on their way back to school. Robin ran towards Bea as she cried herself out. Aldrin was beside his girlfriend, rubbing circles on her back as he whispered soothing words to her ears. Bea just let her uniform get ruined by Robin's terrified tears, while their other classmates surrounded them in a circle to give them some personal space.

Bea looked up from her position, and her eyes met Adrian's. Adrian felt his inner dizziness slowly getting wiped out as he looked at her brown eyes. She smiled at him comfortingly, and Adrian quickly found himself smiling back.

A loud explosion came from the spot where they left Devon. Adrian quickly looked back, his eyes widening as he saw what was going on.

Devon was fighting the three alone. He jumped - extraordinarily high, in Adrian's opinion, as he dodged a thunderbolt that struck the ground from the sky. The minute he landed, he was greeted by the blonde guy with a long knife thing, wherein Devon blocked it by opening up a portal in front of him, where the guy slipped in as the portal's partner reopened up a few meters away from his best friend.

The dude with the staff went to attack him, and from a distance, Adrian saw Devon raise him arms up as a huge shield-like dark energy surrounded him and deflected the attack.

Adrian felt like he was in a dream, with superheroes, and superpowers. But he could only wish that this was a dream. Everything was very real around him, the thunder, the scent of fire, and the loud slashing noise from Devon's direction.

Not only that, but Adrian also saw how tired his best friend looked like while his enemies looked like they were still up for an endless fight.

"We need to go," Aldrin suddenly told all of them, in that rare commanding tone he would only use during basketball games.

Adrian grimaced. His twin might be addressing everyone, but he knew better. He knew his twin was talking to him. Adrian looked back, where he saw Aldrin looking at him with a warning look as he rubbed his already calmed girlfriend's back.

So, Aldrin knew what he was thinking.

And his twin was totally against it.

It had always felt like he and Aldrin knew what the other was thinking, a common rumor about twins. Except, it was another fact for both of them.

Aldrin stood up and told the others. "Leave now. Get out of here," he said in his firm tone.

Being the basketball captain, and also judging by the tone he just used, a lot of his fans and some of his teammates followed his orders. But some of his close friends and Robin remained. Bea and the other cheerleaders stayed too.