Chapter 16 - Roasting Reptilians

Chapter 16 - Roasting Reptilians

A scream broke almost everyone from their deep slumbers.

Aldrin was immediately on his feet, having recognized that scream all too well. Only with his boxers, he ran out from his and Adrian's shared room towards the elevator, his twin only a few steps behind when they both entered in a rush.

Once the elevator doors opened, the floor where their friends were situated, Aldrin quickly ran to the only opened door in the hallway, where Robin and the other girls were.

He found himself stopping however, when he caught sight of the event inside.

A green scaly creature with blue eyes and sharp fangs was snarling at his girlfriend, who held a broken wooden broom on her hands, the other cheerleaders behind her.

The other guys from across the room were also awakened from the scream, and their reaction spoke of what Aldrin was thinking when he entered the girls' room.

"What the fuck?" Michael asked when he and the other guys were on the doorstep.

The green creature apparently heard him, and had her fangs directed to the guys' directions.

"Whoa!" Aldrin said, both his hands out as the creature looked like it was about to lunge at them, "Hold those claws!"

Aldrin noticed that the creature's height—which was barely the half of his six-foot tallness—didn't make it any less dangerous, its claws were stretched outwards, like sharp knives that grew from its green scaly fingers.

"Hey, bro," Aldrin asked his twin in a silent inquiry, "Do you know what that thing is?"

"Nope," Adrian replied, "No idea."

"Well, do you think it's bad?" Aldrin continued asking, "I mean, it is ugly."

The creature heard his statement, and made another angry growl and then lunged at him, its blue eyes dangerous.

Aldrin and the other guys took huge steps backwards, and Aldrin, in fear of those sharp drills on the creature's mouth, accidentally stepped on his feet and fell on his ass on the floor.

"Aldrin!" Adrian warned when fell.

Aldrin looked back at the creature, which was on mid-leap, as an idea came to his head. He extended both of his arms, his fingers spread out, as he directed it to the creature.

A sudden wave of heat passed from his veins to his palms, as a transparent energy seemed to appear between him and the leaping creature before it exploded in a shockwave, throwing the creature to the other side of the room in pain.

It stood up immediately, but it was still screaming in pain.

"It burns!" It screeched.

Aldrin watched as the creature's skin was steaming, the black and white piece of clothing it wore on fire. It fell down once again, rolling on the ground.

He looked at his hands in a mixture of wonder, shock, and horror. What did he just do?

The girls from the other side of the room ran to them, some with tears on their eyes.

"Drin, what did you do?" Adrian asked him.

Aldrin didn't know what to say—the idea came on his head. And on impulse, he decided to go with it. He didn't really expect it to work. Or maybe it wasn't him who did that? Maybe it was someone else?

A portal opened in the middle of the room, with Devon and Felicia coming out of it before it closed. They both looked around in the room trying to see what happened, with Devon seeing the expression on Aldrin's face.