Chapter 12 - The Council of Questions

Chapter 12 - The Council of Questions

They didn't stay long in the Freedom Tower.

Aldrin felt Robin's hand tighten around his arms the more they ventured inside the freedom tower.

She was afraid, Aldrin felt that.

Or, she could only be feeling his biceps nicely today. Sleeveless had always been his style.

"Hey," he muttered, gaining Robin's attention. She looked up, and Aldrin knew he was right when he saw the pool of fear in her eyes. "It's okay."

Robin nodded at him, looking grateful, before her hands tighten on his arms again as they maneuvered inside the Freedom Tower.

Now, she was just feelings his biceps.

Aldrin couldn't even fathom how they managed to get inside this gigantic building. At first they were blocked, but then it looked like a single look from Devon, the five guards instantly side-stepped and let them in.

Not only that, but the fact that his friends were there with him today, who held no complaints of being with people they had no idea who, other than the excessive walk.

It weirded him out.

Aldrin wanted to freak out about this. So much had happened, and walking for hours didn't help him other than giving him blisters on his feet and endless complaints from Robin about how her nail beds.

Right now, Aldrin wanted to just take a seat and think about what happened the entire day.

Like seriously, how can one go from winning a basketball game to walking to New York in hours?!

And yeah, that didn't include the fact that his father was Greek sun god!

With that thought, Aldrin's eyes immediately looked for his brother's figure. Adrian walked a couple of steps beside Devon and Finnian, his twin's arms around Bea. Aldrin saw the way Adrian played with the hem of his white shirt. And without looking at his twin's eyes, Aldrin knew Adrian was thinking about something deep.

It had always been Adrian who held The Grudge.

To their mom for clinging on to hope that their dad was going to come back...

To their fourth grade classmate who dared to hurt Aldrin...

To their dad for some real hardcore reasons...

Aldrin didn't want to think how his twin must be feeling right now. He knew his twin long enough to know that when their dad showed up earlier, he became a mess of emotions.

He felt it too.

The confusion, the pain, the anger.

"We're here," Devon suddenly announced in front to their group.

Aldrin snapped back from his thoughts, and saw that they all stopped in front a large elevator. Nobody seemed to be around today, which Aldrin found a bit odd. Shouldn't a world trade center building look busy? Especially at this time of the day?

The elevator made a small ping sound before it slid open. Aldrin made a small gesture of surprise as their classmates seemed to willingly enter the building. Even Robin did without much question.

Aldrin didn't know what to do, so he hopped in the elevator with them.

It was wider on the inside than it was on the outside. Aldrin thought that four cheerleaders and two jocks—not counting him—wouldn't fit. But he was wrong, they all fit in nicely, with more spaces to spare even.