Chapter 11 - All at Once

Much to Devon's utmost annoyance, it was Apollo who naturally interrupted the glorifying silence.

"Oh, come on!" Apollo said, which sounded like a whine, "How come they have more bows than I do?"

Devon stood up from his spot, turning to Apollo with a glare.

"Because they deserve it more than you do, asshole," he said.

Apollo gasped, almost comically, and said, "Hey, I take offense to that."

"It's not just you, brat," Devon retorted, "All of you gods."

Thunder suddenly rumbled from the sky. As storm clouds reappeaared again.

"Please, don't tell me Lord Zeus heard that." Devon heard Finnian mutter across them.

"Nah," Apollo said, shrugging, "That's just him calling me back to Olympus. I only snuck away from my duties today. He must've found out."

"Wait, you sneaked out?" Aldrin asked, sounding impressed.

Devon resisted to roll his eyes at the similarity he and his son shared.

"'Course, I did," Apollo said, "I had to claim my kids too, you know?" he reasoned, "And also, I need to give you both this."

Devon frowned when Apollo simply snapped his fingers. But when he heard Sef gasp, he knew it was something more.

He turned to the three, who were looking at the twins with astonishment. He then turned to  the twins in question, and his frown deepened when he saw the twins with matching tattoos on their right wrist.

It was a circle, which was outlined both with dots and another larger circle. A familiar symbol that brought back bitter memories in Devon's mind.

He then looked back at the three strangers, and remembered how the right side of sleeve was torn because of Cora.

So, they were really looking for them? Devon wondered.

Another loud roar of thunder screamed from the sky, which earned everyone's attention.

"I have to go," Apollo announced. Beside the sun god, his car materialized again, with all it shining glory.

"Where'd you get that?" Devon asked. Since last he checked, the sun god rode a chariot from the west to east in the Greek Universe as a natural cycle for the day and night.

"From the Japanese Universe, of course!" Apollo proudly stated, "Their universe is just as innovative as their worshipers here on Earth," he added, stroking the car's hood as it roared to life.

"It's got the best features. A universal radio, TV, autopilot. It's environmental-friendly too!" Apollo continued, "And you know what's the best part?" he paused.

"It's solar powered."

With that, Apollo winked and then entered his car before rolling down the windows.

"Hey, human," he called to Devon, who was already frowning at him with distaste, "Your job's not over yet, by the way. I know you all have questions. So, take them to the council."

And with a last playful, parting wave, Apollo's car once again brightened before it disappeared in thin air, leaving a huge trail of wind that left it.

The ones left were enveloped in a huge silence. Before Aldrin, who was uncharacteristically obnoxious like his father was, broke the silence.

"How can he disappear by that fast?"