Chapter 8 - The Reynold High Walls

Chapter 8 - The Reynold High Walls

"What the fuck?" Finnian heard Sef breathe out as they both stared in the empty wall.

It was where that dude earlier and Cora had slipped into. And to say that Finnian was surprised was a total understatement.

The dude just opened up a black portal where he and Cora had slipped into another place, and that was even he had one of his hands curled in pain. He didn't know if the guy still showed some of his abilities, since Finnian was too busy getting over the fact that someone, an utter stranger, had just read his mind and possibly knows a lot about him now.

The dude earlier wasn't like them, but he had freakish powers that made Finnian's knees go jelly.

He was nervous about the fact that someone knew something about him that he was trying to keep a secret. His adventure of trying to find his father, and the secret that he was just an ordinary teen that lived for more than a hundred years.

And the fact that he still felt incomplete. And that he was hoping that knowing who his father was will make him feel a whole person.

"Finnian, we have to find them," Sef suddenly spoke, breaking his reverie.

"Do you have an idea where they are?" Finnian asked him.

"They're not inside this room," Sef said, "So, he definitely just didn't phase through this wall."

"Well, they could still be here. In this school," Finnian stated, beginning to walk forward, trying to find Cora, "The guy was panicking earlier, and he would've teleported both him and Cora to the first thing that comes in his head."

Sef was already following him, their footsteps the only thing that was heard. "And how exactly do you know that?"

Finnian grimaced, opening up a door that leads inside a library. The strange power of Cora wasn't inside, so he didn't push through.

"When I was kid," Finnian began, "my mother would always tell me to go to the first place that I thought of to run away from a nightmare. It would always work. I just hope the same applies here. Not to mention, his other hand was in pain. He couldn't utilize his ability that much with it."

Finnian rounded off a corner, and stopped when he felt that familiar power of Cora.

"She's here," Sef stated, as if he felt the same thing, "Third door to the left."

And without further things to say, Sef quickly went to the said door.

Finnian didn't know where the three of them stood right now. But currently, they weren't the best of friends, but they didn't consider themselves as enemies either.

After that night they got stuck on the road, they were lucky a bunch of people who went camping came to their aid. Whether they took notice of their burnt car on the side of the road, Finnian didn't know. But he was thankful to them enough that they didn't steal their car for the rest of their trip.

Just their food, maybe. Although he knew that some of the campers saw it coming.

On the city itself, Finnian thought that everything would go fine. Except, they were delayed by a bunch of Greek Hellhounds and Cyclopes. This brought Sef and Cora talking again, until they all found themselves in this school, where the scent of power was rolling off in waves.

"Did you know where the guy went?" Finnian heard Sef ask Cora as they came out of the room.

Cora shook her head. "I was knocked off when he had thrown me on that damn cabinet. But he could still be here."