Chapter 40 - Boss Fight

Chapter 40 -Boss Fight

Dexter wanted coffee more than he wanted to be in this situation.

And that said a lot.

Especially when he wasn't even finished fawning at the marvelous room and a bitch with a pair of black feathered wings rudely interrupted him from doing so by just whooshing across them and taking an unknowing Egyptian with her.

Who, right now, was already screaming madly as he was dragged across the air by the girl.

"Shit-Adam!" Aldrin cursed again, his bow on his hands as he released a golden arrow towards Celeste Welts.

Predictably, it missed. No prophecies needed.

Finnian immediately took charge, his hands pulling back Aleisha before the Valkyrie was to make any more movement towards the other girl, who circled the large adobe room in mockery.

"Aldrin, go help Adam," the eldest Descendant ordered.

Aldrin's face scrunched up. "But my twin-"

"I'll take care of him," Dexter cut off, feeling stomach churning effect of guilt underneath his words. "It's my fault, after all."

Aldrin held his stare with doubt, before the demigod nodded and took off. He picked up the neglected Egyptian scepter on the ground, firing more arrows towards the Vessel.

"Okay, so here's the-"

"Loki."

Not even Finnian managed to stop her this time. She just jumped above both of them before she broke into sprint towards the Norse god, who was now standing on top of the grand staircase, like he was expecting her all along.

He probably had traps on those long green sleeves and that dark green cape-but Aleisha didn't even look like she wanted to stop.

She looked ready to stomp either both him and Finnian if she went against her way.

And that was without breaking stride. Or a heel.

Finnian sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose before he turned to the telepath. "I'll assist her. Find Adrian."

"That's my plan."

The eldest demigod nodded and ran after Aleisha, who already had her axe out. Thunder rumbled in a distance, barely covering Aldrin and Adam's shouted conversation on the side.

Dexter looked around. It was impossible that Adrian wasn't here. He knew that Asteria would use the demigod as bait-for him. For what?

He didn't know.

Something tugged at him from the other side of the room. Dexter's attention instantly perked up, his heart rate increasing at the first sign of danger.

His feet weren't on the ground anymore, and the next thing Dexter knew, he was flying towards one of the balconies on the right wing. Charged up dark energy were on his hands, and his feet were probably surrounded by the dark mist.

He found Asteria and Adrian against each other on the end of the balcony, a sword and a familiar knife clanging against the other in what seemed like a battle where the demigod was obviously losing.

Dexter charged towards the Titaness, getting both of their attentions as Dexter began fighting the woman in closed combat. He tried landing a punch towards her, before she pulled back, throwing a container towards him which he deflected with a flick, ignoring the pain that strained his wrist by the force.

Adrian was back soon, fighting the Titaness with his sword. Dexter was back after, a summoned obsidian crystal on his hand. The edges were quite rough, but that would do.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Sep 13, 2017 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Descendants of the Mythजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें