Chapter 28 - The Lady Deity of Memory

Devon's brooding cloud was brought down with him to the headquarters.

It was better he antagonized there than at the dining room while everyone had breakfast. He was already an antagonist in Adrian's eyes anyways, and he didn't want to have a worse image in front of the guy he liked.

No one took notice of his menacing attitude, or even pointed it out because if they did, they were afraid that the gifted human would explode and go all black supernova in all of their faces.

"Got dumped by your boyfriend, fag?" Hank said, an arrogant eyebrow raised. He was the son of the Aztec god, Tlaloc, who apparently, was the god of the rains in their Universe. Hank had a perfectly styled dark brown hair which was near black, an olive skin which was a little lighter than Sef's, and had a lean physique of a swimmer.

Devon would have admitted to himself that Hank was attractive once, but the demigod had an annoyingly annoying quality that was enough to turn him off even before they were friends.

"I saw your faggy boyfriend earlier," Hank continued, "Brooding the same way you do."

"At least I'm not serving the fag and his friends some breakfast, am I?" Devon countered, "Just proves how unnecessary you are after being pushed into the sidelines and serving meals."

A Nimbus cloud suddenly appeared on top of the demigod, lighting up every once in a while to indicate lightning. A strong burst of wind took most of the papers in the room flying around, as the demigod who caused it sneered at the destruction he'd caused.

"I almost forgot how long you've been gone here, human," Hank said, "Should I remind you how hard I can be when it came to combat training?"

Devon could almost hear Haven shouting obnoxiously for Lionel to come. But his current ominous self didn't care. He needed an outlet.

"You were hard for combat?" Devon sarcastically asked as a dark mist began countering the winds, "I always thought you were hard for me."

Lightning should've been flashed at him the moment he said that, and while Devon's obsidian crystal was tugged near to materializing, Lionel took a hold of Hank's raised hand which commanded nature.

And as soon as he did, the winds stopped, the nimbus cloud disappeared, and Devon's dark mist remained in the room that was filled with shocked personnel.

"Enough," the older man commanded, before turning to the Aztec demigod, "Get back to what you were doing."

"He meant get back to the kitchens!" Devon mocked, right before Lionel turned his glare towards him and he rolled his eyes-barely threatened.

"And you. You come with me," Lionel told the Champion. The older man let go of the demigod on his hand and grabbed the human's before walking away with him.

"What is it, Lionel?" Devon asked, as he was pulled towards the well-like computer zone, where Haven was.

"Drop the attitude," Lionel ordered, "I need you to do an errand for me."

"What?" Devon asked, frowning in confusion. He was so done with errands. The last one he did was from Apollo, and just look what he got from it.

"Go to the Celtic Universe," Lionel ordered, "Take the Descendants with you. Trouble's stirring."

"What kind of trouble?" Devon asked, "I don't want to walk to a place of the unknown again."

"Because we found something out," Haven butted in their conversation, his smug, careless tone making Devon want to make his half-closed eyes to fully close, "It might be related to the prophecy you stated a few days ago."