Chapter 1 - Coincidences

Finnian Moses Grey was a lost man.

Not just figuratively, but literally, too.

His frown deepened, turning the map that he held on his hands a few more times before he scratched his head, utterly confused.

He just came here from Hell, and when he thought that getting stuck in the Labyrinth was bad enough, apparently, being lost in New York was so much worse.

It was bad enough that the lustful thoughts of the mortals plagued his head, but the smell of rotten hotdogs plagued his nose, too. A couple was making out on his side, making him frown deeper in disgust. He could literally feel the dude's hard on from his spot.

Gah, the disadvantage of being a son of a succubus.

Finnian looked again at his map, trying to grab some sense out of it. He sort of wished that he was back in Hell, or maybe somewhere else. But when he was on his eternal trip and was having his stop over in the Underworld, he heard a voice in his head telling him to go to the Mortal Universe, something about finding him there.

Normally, Finnian would think it was just the strong lustful thought of some lost vampire over there.

But seriously, what the Hell do you call a kink that required you to go to the place called New York just for sex?

So, yeah. That was how he wound up here.

He looked up from his map. If this map won't work, he'd need to find another way of searching.

His gold eyes quickly looked around, trying to search anything that was out of ordinary. Even the most remote one.

A train came to a stop meters away from him. He was in the subway, planning on getting on the train there until he realized he had no money at all. So, he was currently stuck. 

The doors on the train opened, sending out a huge mob of mortals out of the doors.

Instantly, Finnian felt the sudden strong surge of power as the doors opened. He looked up higher, looking around him, his eyes narrowed at every single person who came out of the train.

His gold eyes brightened by a fraction when he saw someone get out of the train.

If he was looking for small signs, then this one was definitely a damn billboard.

A girl with light blonde hair sped out of the train, like she was in a hurry. But what made her stand out was the aura-like helmet around her head, made of translucent steel, and had a pair of wings on its sides.

She was running out of the subway, but a few minutes after she sped out of a train, Finnian saw another girl come out. Her strength wasn't strong, but she radiated with a white aura that made him wonder what was going on.

He was supposed to be used at this, but being in the mortal world somehow made him curious of what was about to unfold. Did the people around them even know that a woman with a large winged helmet was with them? Or that a girl was looking like she was chasing the former?

Finnian soon found himself following the two. They were the first ever lead that he ever had ever since he came here to the mortal world. They could lead him to somewhere too.

Sure, it might just be a coincidence, but with the way his world ran, he didn't believe in coincidences. 

Not anymore.

The girl with the helmet went inside a small room in the subway, the other girl following soon after. Finnian waited for a few more minutes after they entered. And when no one came out, his patience dwindled to one percent and he decided to enter the room.