Chapter 10 - Claimed

Chapter 10 - Claimed

The hover car engulfed itself in bright light before disappearing.

Devon's eyes flinched when he saw it, even more when he looked at the owner of the car.

Apollo was smirking at everyone else's reactions to him, like the awesome god he thought he was. Devon watched him with spiteful eyes when the Greek sun god turned around, looking at the other three on the other side.

"You three may stand up now," Apollo said, "You don't really need to bow down to me."

Devon scoffed at his fake words. Of course he wanted people to bow down to him. His head was that huge that he wanted to be praised for every single thing. His extended power over the sun, music, art, poetry, oracles, light, knowledge, healing, etcetera, etcetera made his head that large even for a god.

Because if Zeus was one paranoid son of a bitch, Apollo was the arrogant son of that paranoid.

Apollo turned to him with a playful glare, probably hearing his sound of distaste at his presence. "What? At least they had the audacity to show respect, human. When have you?"

Devon glared back, his glare real and daring, unlike Apollo's playful ones. "The question is: When will I? I only have one principle with gods, Apollo, and that is—"

"—You wouldn't show any form of respect to any god. Ever," Apollo finished his sentence with the worst impersonation of Devon the sun god could muster. "But I kept my word, didn't I? I think I deserve a form of "Thanks, hottie."."

"You left me alone to battle those three!" Devon retorted, pointing his head towards Sef, Cora, and Finnian, who were now standing up, as the sun god instructed them.

"Hey!" Apollo quickly cut him off, "I didn't leave you alone."

Devon rolled his eyes. "Yeah, cool lie—"

"You just weren't meant to fight the three of them," Apollo quickly added, turning to the other three in the place. "I know why they're here," he said.

Devon frowned, watching as the other three, especially, the blonde – Finnian, light up.

"You do?!" Finnian quickly said, but his eyes widened at his sudden outburst and added, "Sir."

Apollo laughed, which sounded creepily like Adrian's. "No need for sirs. I know I'm an old folk, no need to remind me of that."

"S-sorry," Finnian replied, sounding sheepish.

Apollo shrugged. "But you're looking for the next Descendant, aren't you?" He asked the three.

Cora, who Devon noticed remained impassive at his charm, stepped forward. "Yes, we are. Do you have an idea on who he or she is?"

Apollo frowned at her tone, and Devon saw the way his eyes flickered from him to Cora before the sun god answered. "Yes, I do. But it's not just a "he", it's a "they"."

Sef's eyes widened, and Devon was sure he heard a loud: "OMG!" at his head without even using his powers. "Then, where are they?"

Apollo smirked, which made him look more like Aldrin, and turned to him and the rest of the students.

"Them," he pointed at their direction.

Devon felt the step back of the twins in sudden apprehension. He turned to the two, and was just as surprised as a sudden halo of light surrounded each of them.

"What the fuck!" Adrian exclaimed, as he tried to step out of the light. A barrier made of gold and yellow light materialized around them, from the football field straight to the sky.