Chapter 31 - Collecting Pieces

Finnian ate dinner with the rest of the Descendants.

With Hank and Haven both taking care—or as Haven stated, observing—the lady they found on the Celtic Universe, the rest decided to take a break on the lobby to grab some dinner before finally heading down to bed.

The entire dinner was spent with letting Sef catch up on what happened in the Celtic Universe. The Egyptian literally did the same thing, telling them of what he did while they were gone and then telling them about how Lady Quinquintet mentioned her good byes and how he was almost murdered by the mere power of the Evil Snake in the Egyptian Universe, Chaos.

"Isn't it weird, though?" Cora asked him once Sef's story was over, "The Evil Snake wants freedom, but where exactly will it go?"

Sef frowned. "I don't know exactly. Maybe it wants to rule over the entire Egyptian Universe?"

"It wanted freedom, not power," Finnian pointed out, taking a sip of the chocolate drink Felicia offered all of them earlier.

Aldrin nodded. "Yeah, but whatever it is, it'll be under the people's and other deity's eyes. He would still be hiding even though he has escaped from whatever prison you Egyptians placed him in. And you know how villains are, even in comic books, they may want freedom, but all they want is power and total control."

"Well, it does have control and power still," Sef informed all of them, "It's part of the Egyptian day and night cycle. Chaos is destined to fight Lord Ra in order for the evening to pass and be destined to get defeated for the day to happen."

"Well, no wonder it wanted freedom," Cora stated dryly, swallowing whatever meat it was that she was served.

Sef shrugged. "I guess being able to fight and be destined to lose is sort of tiring. But Lady Quinquintet did say that it won't get out. And you said it yourselves, where would it go if ever it did escape?"

Cora chuckled without humor. "Unless it has someone to help him," she mentioned, which immediately took everyone's attention away from their plates to her.

She immediately shrugged. "It's just a theory."

"But also a big coincidence," Aldrin stated, his face in deep concentration as if he began realizing something as he chewed.

Finnian and the rest only frowned at what he stated, making the son of Apollo stop mid-chew before swallowing.

"What? Lionel stated a few days ago that trouble was stirring. And that it was something big. And then, the Descendants began forming, Sir Galahad and the Golden Apples are missing, the Garden of the said apples are transferred to Earth, the said dragon-slash-guard waking up after getting cursed to sleep for a few centuries. And now this, the girl with wings in the universe where we thought that the Apples are, and then Apophis and his crazy want for freedom are here."

"So, you're saying it's all connected?" Sef asked, frowning.

Cora snorted. "I suggest it could still be a coinci—"

"There's no such thing as coincidences," Finnian suddenly stated, "I think I got that established when I went to New York and found you, Cora."

"And besides, I read too much comic books and had led a team of basketball players," Aldrin added as a reason, "I know when I see a ploy or sabotage coming at a team."

Sef sighed from his spot. "The entire Egyptian Universe sort of became closed off after I moved to Earth. It was a miracle that they sent someone like Lady Quinquintet here. It was the second Egyptian contact that I had since Lady Nut, and that woman only declared me as a Descendant."