Chapter 19 - An Egyptian Bedtime Story

Descendants of the Myth – Chapter 19

An Egyptian Bedtime Story

Sef couldn't sleep that night.

His stomach had a bruise, which hurt like one son of a mummy, by the way. And his thoughts were nothing but filled with monsters. He recalled how he ended up here, he was just casting a binding spell on a hellhound on the sand when something hit him on his abdomen. Soon, he saw himself falling down from the rock he conjured for protection.

But it was not like it was the first time that it happened to him. He recalled his training with his father a few years ago. It was a few days before he was sent to the Mortal Realm.

The Egyptian Universe's air was dry, especially more in the Duat, the Egyptian Underworld. And because it was under the Universe, there was no sun in the area, but even then, Sef found himself sweating under the heavy training and the dehydrating air around him. Sand burned his feet, which was buried underneath the red sand his father had summoned earlier.

It was an utter miracle that Lord Osiris—the Egyptian god of Death—allowed them to be here. Or maybe he didn't. For when he asked his dad about it earlier, the only response was:

"Oh, forget about him. That green-skinned freak could go fuck himself when he finds out we're here."

Sef left it at that. That was probably why they were training in a deeper level of the Duat today, just so they both could be hidden from Lord Osiris's eyes. The god and his father never really had gotten along.

"C'mon, Sef!" His father urged. He was shirtless, with only a piece of white cloth wrapped tightly around his waist. Blue and gold bands circled his father's arms, wrists, and ankles, as the same colored necklace hung from his neck. He held his Was-scepter on his right hand, the Sha animal on its end glowing in bright red. "We don't have enough time!"

They had been training for more than five hours now, and it was literally exhausting Sef. But to impress his dad, he held out his own scepter, and muttered words in ancient Egyptian.

Red colored beams came out from Sef's scepter, intended to hit his father. But the god had only stomped his staff on the sand once, and his beams were deflated by an invisible force field.

"I taught you stronger magic than that, Sef!" His father mocked, "Is that the best you can do?"

"Scorch!" Sef shouted in their ancient dialect. Flames came out from his scepter, spreading fast because of the dry air that seemed to fuel it.

His dad once again deflated the attack, before he sent a strong beam of energy towards him.

Sef thought fast, as his eyes went red and his staff glowed. A huge wall emerged from underneath him, bringing him upwards in a high position. Red-ish fog surrounded him from his position above, and Sef used his mother's elemental abilities to his advantage.

A tremble on his rock formation suddenly shook him there, and he was left with no choice but to either fall or find another way out.

"Freeze," the demigod muttered in Egyptian, as the fog around him transformed into dry ice. He jumped on it, trying to maintain his balance and his hold over the frozen water molecules. It was quite humid above, but the air below was making the ice melt.

But, yeah. He knew it was still an idiot move to do that.

Especially when the sudden hit on his stomach hit harsher than the realization slap, as his hold on the ice let go and he fell down to the dry sand.