Chapter 35 - Warning: Back to the Dome

Chapter 35 – Warning: Back to the Dome

When Aldrin stepped down on a circular platform, he was sure he was about to faint.

The walls around them were a haze. It was a colorful mess that made Aldrin light-headed every time his eyes moved to the wall. It ranged from bright red to yellow to a very bright orange that looked watery and wobbly.

So in order to not get distracted by the wall, he stared at Cora, who was running a few steps ahead of him.

It felt weird to be staring at the girl, especially since if the said girl noticed, she would chop his head off without any hesitation. But really, staring at her glowing axe wasn't exactly the most comforting thing to look at, and to light one of his arrows on fire as a torch wasn't exactly the smartest unless he wanted to face plant himself on the wall.

So, when there was a step down that he overlooked, Aldrin felt a momentary heart attack that he usually gets when missing a step on a staircase before he recovered and looked back on where the bastardly step was while running, clumsily knocking Cora forward when the girl stopped.

Or at least, he thought she was going to get knocked forward, but the girl remained stone hard on the floor and refused to stumble. And instead, it was the son of Apollo who got knocked backwards.

"What exactly are you made of?" Aldrin complained while he groaned, glaring sharp arrows at the girl, who was in turn looking at something else.

Or someone else.

Aldrin took a straight posture, his glaring eyebrows rising in horrific realization at what his eyes were seeing.

Halvard sat in an Indian position, his head tilted upwards as a golden gloved hand stroked his head. There was a loud sound of purring from the man-animal, as the man who caressed his head smirked smugly. He stood on a long dark green robe decorated with a sparkling gold highlights, matching the long gold rope that encircled his waist, with a green clown-like hat that had a small golden ball that emitted a soft bell-like sound with every movement.

Aldrin, without moving away his eyes from the scene, addressed Cora, "Is that...?"

"Loki."

Upon hearing his name, the Norse god of mischief's eyes darted to Cora as they went from a cheerful yellow to light purple. And even without the sun, Aldrin noticed a twinkle appear on the god's right eyeball before he started chuckling.

Which eventually turned into a laugh—which boomed into a hardcore cackle that echoed along the bright hazy wall around them.

"Is he okay?" Aldrin asked, more freaked out rather than scared.

Aldrin knew he wasn't the only one who thought of the god as crazy, noticing that Halvard, who once sat in front of the god, move towards the back of the god, eyeing him with unease.

"He's just crazy. He finds everything amusing," Cora responded, as she opposed the mischief god's happiness with a glare.

The god drawled out that last 'ha' in his laugh before he stopped with a lazy smirk. "Well, well...the thief called me crazy," he said, with a deep, mischievous voice.

Aldrin turned to Cora. "Did he just call you a thief?"

"I did," the god in question said, raising a golden-gloved hand innocently. It didn't last long. Loki smirked from one ear to another, a gold teeth exposed. There was mirth completely on those eyes, once again changing from purple to bright green.