Chapter 20 - Fanboy Finnian

Chapter 20 - Fanboy Finnian

Adrian was surprised to see Bea pull up the seat across him.

Unlike the previous night, it was D who sat there. And he remembered how that went on. Now, it seemed like a long day had passed before he sat there again, as sleep wouldn't visit him.

Apparently, it looked like Bea wasn't looking forward for sleep either.

She brought out a flutter in Adrian's stomach the way her blonde hair flowed to her shoulders. She wore a long white nightgown probably handed over to them by Felicia and her staff. Her eyes were brown, and they were warm and comforting, and it calmed Adrian by intensities.

"Hey," Bea said, "Can't sleep?"

Smiling at her presence, Adrian shook his head. "Can't. You know how Aldrin snores in his sleep."

Bea smiled back, as if she recalled with him the time they went back to camping, where they all shared the same cabin together. Girls and boys were separated by rooms, of course. But even then, Aldrin's snore was loud enough to keep everyone awake. And the walls were already made of thick wood.

And now that Adrian thought of it, maybe it was another gift his twin had.

"So, what about you?" Adrian asked, "How come you're still awake?"

"I just slept," Bea admitted, "Truthfully, the only thing we do here is eat, sleep, and watch TV. And trust me, intergalactic reality shows aren't my thing."

"Are the other species too much?" Adrian asked, smirking.

Bea nodded. "Very much. But there's this show there, though, that is all about fashion and stuff. Pity, it's only during four in the afternoons."

Adrian smiled at that. Of course that's the show Bea would be invested in.

"So, how are you?" Bea asked, "I didn't see you all day."

Adrian shook his head. "Busy. Lionel was training us the entire time, briefing us about this and that. Did you know that this is the only Universe here that is in the middle of space? I don't know how that's possible but this is a lone building on top of a celestial body, Bea, and the way oxygen and nitr—"

"Adrian," Bea cut him off, laughing, "Speak English."

Sheepish, Adrian rubbed the back of his neck using his hand. He was freaking embarrassed that Bea would catch him again in one of his nerd moments.

Bea seemed to notice his unease, and she giggled. "But you said something about training, is that why I saw D walking with gauze around his arm earlier?"

Adrian cringed at the way Bea called his best friend by the nickname only he was allowed to call him. He was never really comfortable with anyone else but him calling D that.

But, wait...

"D was out and walking earlier?" Adrian repeated, "When?"

Bea shrugged. "Just now, right before I came here."

Adrian stood up, irritated. A couple of heads turned to their direction. "What? But he isn't supposed to be walking around just yet!" He turned to Bea. "Stay here. I'm going to find—"

"Ad, wait," Bea suddenly said, standing up as fast as he did, "Sit down. I-I need to tell you something."

Slowly, Adrian went back to his seat. Bea looked nervous, so that was something. Her eyes looked worried, and it gave Adrian nervous flip-flops on his stomach.