Chapter 6

***TIFFANI POV***

I was walking down the long paths inside the mall. Hoping I could find a birthday present for Lucy. She was SO picky when it came to presents. Literally, she even wrote me a list. But not of the top 5 things… but the top 50 things she wouldn’t mind getting for her birthday.

What was I going to do with her?!

I walked into at least ten different shops looking for anything similar to on her list. Seriously? Where does she think I’m going to find a Vintage 1950’s lomography camera with an 18 inch wide lense… in pink…

I snatched out my iPod from my purse due to massive boredom and started playing my favorite song, “Hey, Soul Sister.” I don’t care if people tell me it’s not modern or as cool as other songs. I like it and that’s the end of it. I was walking down the aisles of a CD shop looking for Elvis Presley’s records (for some reason Lucy was obsessed with things from the year 1950… I have yet to discover why.)

 I reached the end of the aisle and a wide smile grew on my face. The last CD for Elvis Presley. I ran over and snatched it out of the rack. I started jumping up and down content I had finally found something. Until I felt a hand on my shoulder spin me around. I jumped so fast my hand spun around and slapped the guy in the face. Awesome.

“Oh my god I’m so sorry!” I cried reaching over to help him. But he just flexed his face a bit, unclenched his jaw and put on a smile. Scary how he did that so fast…

“It’s no worries, dear.” He said kindly. I smiled awkwardly and started walking away until he called after me.

“Wait! I heard you singing… you’re quite good.” He said but I just looked around the room not sure if he was talking to me or not.

“You talking to me?” I asked not realizing until after I said it that it sounded rude… But he just smiled at me and laughed.

“Yes you. You were just singing ‘Hey, Soul Sister’, were you not?” I shook my head. How did he know I was listening to that song?

“No…I wasn’t.” I told him but he looked at me peculiarly. Then my eyes narrowed when I realized I must have been singing out loud. Great. I probably looked like an idiot in front of those people in the store. Just, great.

I shifted awkwardly. “I mean… I didn’t notice I was singing but yeah that was me.” I said embarrassingly.

“Wonderful! You have a wonderful voice! Now let’s step into my office so I can discuss a huge opportunity for you.” He said in excitement.

Just so we’re clear I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. I just stood there and smiled.

“Umm, okay? But, what’s this ‘opportunity’ ?” I asked kind of curious now due to him jolting back and forth mumbling ‘This is fantastic, oh they’ll be so happy.’

I cleared my throat. “Ahem? You had something to tell me?” I inquired. He sprang back to reality and tugged my jumper acknowledging me to follow him.

“Yes, yes follow me.” He said leading me to what I guessed was his office. He motioned me to sit. So I sat. There were mini mint chocolates on his desk and I felt my mouth water. I loved mint chocolate. It was my favorite comfort food or daily food or well anytime food I guess.

He must have noticed me going googly eyed over his chocolates because he chuckled.

“Here take one.” He said handing me one. I sighed in relief once I had the chocolate in my mouth. The fresh mint mixed with dark chocolate… mmm if it weren’t for the 100 calories that lived inside it I would eat it every day.