Chapter 36

***TIF POV***

So apparently the word had leaked about the incident back in Scottland. In fact, it leaked way faster than I thought it would. And when it did I noticed how vicious One Directions fans truely were. 

I was walking down the street on my way back from the caffe when a group of girls came rushing over at me. All of them wearing not-so-friendly faces.

"You thief!" One of them screamed.

"How could you?" Another asked.

"We knew you were a bad influence from the start!" Yelled all the girls at once, getting way too close in my face for my liking.

I elbowed my way through them roughly, barely managing to get out of their reach. I ran a few blocks away from them because they chased after me. 

As soon as I knew I had lost them, I had to remind myself how to breathe. All of them crowding around me at once almost felt like they were suffocaating me. 

This began to happen almost every time I stepped outside my flat.

But it didnt just end there. It was following me on all my social networks. From tumblr to twitter to facebook. Hate was being spread every where about me. 

The original story had some how mutated into some scandel that I had used Harry the whole time just to get the necklace then never see him again. This of course led to major arguments on twitter questioning if I was ever Harry's friend or just another backstabing bitch.

I know, nice fans right?

The only way I had managed to get away from all of it was to isolate myself from them. I temporarily deactivated all my accounts and pledged myself to staying inside until this whole situation blew over. I mean, how long were they planing on making it last anyways?

One week later and nothing had changed. I had stayed curled up on my couch in my blanket watching non stop episodes of 'Friends'. They had about 5 series to watch which made things a lot easier for me to not want to do anything else.

My hand crept slowly to the necklace I was wearing and fiddled with the chain. I brought my hand back down, pinching my arm in the process. This had become a recent tick that I caught myself doing a lot now. 

I hadnt taken of the necklace since the day I was 'given' it. But every day that went by I grew more and more curious as to who gave it to me and why. 

Snapping me out of my thoughts was a loud knocking coming from behind my front door. 

I groaned loudly as I stepped up from the couch stifly and wrapped my wool blanket over my shoulders. 

As I reached my door and opened it, I was left staring palely at the larger frame in front of me. His black shaggy hair tousled in all direction and his brown eyes gimmered with a hint of darkness.

"Mason?" I asked almost in a daze. 

I jumped to the opposite side of the door way as he casually stepped inside, turning his body in my direction. 

When his hazel eyes met mine I swear I felt my skin crawl. Seeing him in person was something I never thought I was going to have to deal with again. Yet again, has anything been going my way lately?

"Mason, what the hell are you doing here?" I breathed out harshly, keeping my glare at him as all he could seem to manage was that stupid smirk I have grown sick of.

"I heard about what happened with One Direction." He said mockingly. 

"Yeah well half the world has heard about it." I grumbled. "Just get to the point and tell me what you're doing here."