Chapter 28

***TIFFANI POV***

I woke up the next morning to Lucy pacing nervously around the room. I grumpily stumbled out of bed and stared at her.

"Lucy?" I asked in my hoarse morning voice. "What are you doing?" 

She spun around, biting her nail nervously. She skipped over to her purse and pulled out a card. She walked over to me and dropped it on my lap. 

"Niall gave me this last night." She said as her cheeks slowly started to shift colour. I looked up at her and then back to the card on my lap. 

"Can I read it?" I asked precautiosly. She nodded and sat down next to me. 

I opened the card and was left yearning at the adorable writing that was in it. Niall was calling her beautiful and perfect. He had drawn hearts and flowers around the borders of the card. I flicked to the back of the card and gasped. Written in cursive letter were 3 words that made my heart flutter.

"I love you." 

I gazed up at Lucy who continued to bit her nail nervously. I pulled her hand down sweetly and smiled at her. She looked scared and frightend by the letter. But why would she be? The only thing written in it were compliments about her and how much he loved her. Why would she be reacting so coldly towards it?

She took the card from me and slipped it back in her purse. Lucy was used to male attention. In fact, she got it quite a lot. She was used to flirting and cuddels and kissing, so how was Niall any different?

Almost reading my mind, Lucy spoke up.

"This is different Tif," She said harshly. "Niall is not just any ordinary guy. He is the guy I had been fangirling over the past 2 years of my life." 

She took a shaky breath as I continued to listen to her words. "I always loved him, but I always thought it'd be imposible for him to know I existed, much less ever love me." She gulped down loudly in her throat. "And now here he is telling me he loves me is just-" 

She couldnt finish her sentance. I held her in my arms closely and hugged her. She was over struck with emotions. I could never imagine the feelings shes going through. Having the largest crush on your idol for so long and then meeting him and making him fall madly in love with you. It was surreal. 

I dont think she realises, but I do understand where shes coming from. I'm not exactly in the same situation as her but I am some what. The insecure feelings she has for Niall, questioning if this is real or not, is how I feel around Harry a lot. I can tell he cares for me. I can tell he wants to be with me. But I cant always get that 100% security that it will last. 

Last night was a blur. The para sailing ride, the clear cutt message behind it, I didnt know what to make of it. His hand trapping mine his in mine, putting my feelings for him at the test when he told me to let go. I was so scared and nervous, but in the end something positive came out from this experince. Trust. 

I trusted him with my life now. I knew he would go to any length to protect me. He promised me. He told me he wouldnt let anyone or anything hurt me again. I knew trust was the main problem in our relationship. Ever since the beginning I thought of Harry as this player who went from girl to girl every night. I never saw him as the kind of guy who stuck with one girl for a real relationship. Who was trustworth. But now, I was starting to slowly forget about that. 

Maybe if he really cared, he'd really try.

I was urged out of my day dreaming by Lucy who was tugging on my sleeve.We had to go down stairs for breakfast. But I was still in my pjs.