02- new escape

Song- Welcome To New York by Taylor Swift

----------------

(6 months later)

It's been a long 6 months of hard work ever since my first day at 'Predator Insurance'. Over the last half-year Olly has worked with me to teach me all I need to know about working here and after the first four months, him and Leah both agreed that I had worked my way up into the top 20 employees at the company.

For me, that's very impressive considering I came from working at just bakery and supermarket. Now I work across the hall from Olly and Leah's office's on floor sixty-five. I've bonded with a few of the workers in the building, however, I always find myself spending my lunch break with Olly or Leah.

My punctuality has improved significantly since last November, and I'm only late an average of once a week. Progress! I had never expected myself to be working an office job and actually enjoying it. But, the past six months have been the most fun I have had in a long time.

There's something about working with your friends that makes it not feel like work at all.

Leah has been working hard as usual and after turning twenty-three in January, she seems to have become even more fiery and finds even more amusement out of bossing around the men. I also find it amusing watching her boss around the men.

Apart from Olly, for some reason he always has a way to wiggle himself out of trouble without a gaining even a single scratch. Although, a lot of the time he hasn't even been here. I've noticed that he's often flying out to America, I think it's because Leah just wants him to check that everything over there is okay as well.

As for Rebekah, she has finally found herself a job as a fashion intern in central London and she aims to peruse it for a while I think. She seems to get on well there, as she spends long hours working and is barely at home with us apart from on the weekends. She also seems to have lost a bit of her bitchy attitude as well, which is a plus.

Usually Leah is at home on the weekends with us, although, occasionally she has to go into the office to sort out some things. Today being one of the days, so it's just me a Rebekah at home. We were binge watching The Vampire Diaries, which is undeniably amazing.

"I still cannot believe you would pick Stefan over Damon," I turn to face her, furrowing my eyebrows and grabbing the bag of popcorn out of her grip.

"Damon is just too much of a bad boy cliché," she shrugs.

"How can you not like the bad boy cliché, it might be basic but it's still hot!" I grab a large handful of toffee popcorn and shove it into my mouth.

"In real life, there's no way you would go for a bad boy," she arches her eyebrow at me, tilting her face slightly.

"You don't know that? I might just go for a bad boy one day and shock everyone."

"Please stop saying bad boy, it's cringing me out."

I nod, mutually agreeing with her before my phone starts to vibrate on the coffee table in front of us.

With my feet propped up and a huge, thick blanket burying me, I toss my head back in annoyance, being too lazy to grab it.