57- 161 tiles*

Song- Fire by Barns Courtney

————————

The lights pierce through the thick and humid air, body heat radiating into every possible inch of this room. Strobing glares flash across my eyes and blind my vision as my eyes try to stay connected to a grounded object in front of me.

It's impossible. Every single person here is intoxicated out of their mind and bouncing off of the sticky floor. I roll my shoulders back, not even being able to hear the crackle of my joints over the blasting music that pounds out of the speakers and bounds into my ears.

I came here with Kaede, but she's dancing with a group of random girls. She tried to convince me to join her, to dance away my worries, but I'm too sober at the moment. Maybe after a shot or two I'll join her on the dance floor. I'm not the sort of person to typically need alcohol to force my body into movement, but with the added factors of quite literally finding out I have a stalker of some sort, it's kind of difficult to let loose and have fun.

A drink is pushed into my hand and I automatically grab onto the chilling glass containing some kind of dark liquid. My eyes raise to meet Leonardo's as he slowly sips from his own glass of what looks to be the same drink.

"What is it?" I ask, grimacing as my words barely make sound over the loud atmosphere.

"Rum and coke," he replies calmly after staring at my mouth to decipher what I was saying.

It's not my first choice of drink, but it'll do. Anything is better than nothing in this situation.

"Thanks," I smile, taking a gulp of the fizzy liquid from the cup.

He silently nods, walking closer to the bar that we're stood near. Both of us have uncommunicatively decided to stay out of the mess of the crowd, not attempting to get battered by elbows and shoulders at the moment.

"So are we going to talk about earlier?" he questions, leaning his head down so his gravelly voice vibrates closer to my ear.

"What about it?" I shrug, looking ahead and watching Kaede's arms glide seamlessly through the air.

"How stupid you were being?"

I frown, my face dropping at his words, and my head shoots to look at him, "How stupid I was being?"

He nods, eyes wide and condescending, "Yeah. You decided to go for a drive in the pitch black by yourself, after everything we discussed."

I don't have the energy to argue with him right now, but I need him to see the other side of the situation for once.

"I wasn't by myself," I reply stubbornly, crossing my arms with my drink still latched in a single hand.

"You would've been if I didn't follow you out of that fucking door, Farrah. What can't you understand about this?" he snaps, eyes fixed to the side of my head like I will disappear if he looks away for even a split second.

He's surprisingly mad about all of this. I wouldn't have expected to rise such an exaggerated reaction from him.

"Why are you getting so angry at me?" I grumble, a huff following my words.

"Because it's pissing me off! You're being so fucking careless," he yells, although it's barely audible over the noise in this club.

"And?"

"And? "

I look at him and nod, finalising my point that wasn't even valid. I don't care, I stand by the fact that I don't have to explain and justify to him every irrational action I do.