Esoteric Paradise

*the quality sucks for some reason so a link to my YouTube channel is below and will be posted on my conversation board*

https://youtube.com/channel/UCsNleeRcYEu1t1YMhQwF_VQ

•••

Lies, secrets, deception... but to who?

Naivety can be a subtle thing and can trip the victim at their feet unwillingly. In this case, it's gained the power of two more lives. Faye and Lucas are complicated as individuals, far more complicated than can be perceived to the naked eye.

Sure, Faye is a girl living in a small town and she plays piano but she's untruthful.

As for Lucas, his parents have a big reputation, he's forced into the small town but his untruthfulness has many more layers.

Lies are twisted like vines but somehow misunderstandings are never uncovered. Misunderstandings do not exist within the lives of Faye and Lucas. You could consider it luck... or you could be wise and see it as skill on the behalf of Faye.

In the end it won't make any difference anyway. Their ending is supposedly set in stone from the beginning— or rather, it's recorded words.

Don't be naive.

•••

"A bit extreme, don't you think?"

That same voice again. That same voice I have been both chasing and running from.

He speaks again, slower this time. "Faye, I asked you a question."

With a deep sigh creeping from my lungs, burning my throat with the heat of my fury, I turn to face him. Face straight and shoulders back, I reply, "You mind your business and I'll mind mine."

He cocks his head, a strand of his dark hair dropping out of place. "But that's not what's happening, is it?"

I frown and lock my hands behind my back, doing my best to pull a tight-lipped smile to my face. "For what I'm concerned it is."

"You're a liar."

"Watch your words, Lucas. I'm not the liar here and we both know it," I scoff, taking a step towards him.

His eyes rake down my body until they reach my feet. He watches silently as I walk closer to him until I'm less than a metre from his body. Only then does he look back up and meet my eyes.

"I'm afraid you must be mistaken," he shrugs, staring down at me challengingly.

"Mhm." I tilt my head, raising my brows. "So you haven't been lying to me from the very first day that we met?"

"No."

"I don't like liars."

He deeply sighs, shaking his head with the ghost of a smirk hovering on his lips with such patronisation that it makes my skin crawl with a trail of fire. "As you've said before."

"Then why are you lying?"

"I don't believe I am."

"Where have you been sneaking off to every Tuesday night?"

I look up to him and watch the thoughts curl through his mind as if it's a movie. With one last blink, he smiles. But it's not a sweet smile, it's not a smile I enjoy looking at. It's cruel and conniving and it's the same smile I have seen ever since I met him.

"And I thought we weren't getting involved with each other's business?" He steps back.

A sudden panic shocks electricity through my heart.

"Don't walk away from me, Lucas," I warn, watching as he begins to back away. "Answer me."

"That's not something I can do."

"Lucas!" I say as the bell chimes out above the door and rings through my ears like an alarm as he steps through the door. "Answer me!"

But just like that, he's gone. The door closes behind him with a sharp slam and then all I can see is his back as he begins to walk down the empty road.

Just like that, everything begins to crack.

A strand of the web of lies is sliced and everything starts to fall through.

•••