67- pinky promise?

Song- Graceland Too by Phoebe Bridgers

————————

Farrah Michaels POV:

I sit with my hands resting on the dark table, looking across the width to grin up at my boyfriend.

My boyfriend.

I don't think I will ever get used to calling Leonardo that.

He's gone from someone I hate to now my ray of sunshine and boyfriend.

It's really the only thing keeping my mind away from being infected by the diseased thoughts of the previous weekend. I loved it and I loved Miami, but I hated what I found out.

And I hate how I now have to lie to everyone.

He leans back in his seat, arm limply lying from the arm rest as he stares back at me, chewing on his cheek to suppress a smile.

Olly told us we weren't allowed to sit next to each other in the hopes of keeping our focus to the max. Although, it seems to be failing because we are just staring across the meeting table at each other instead.

"Right, now that everyone is finally here, I would like to introduce the new member of our team," Olly speaks up, gesturing a hand across to me with a grin.

I break away from my locked gaze on Leo and turn to face the many people sat around this table. They all stare back at me, a few weak smiles.

"Go Farrah!" Noémi suddenly pipes up, firing from her seat to stand and enthusiastically clap her hands to fill the awkward silence.

I've officially been declared a member of the actual team after the events of the weekend. Olly finally overcame his protective side.

My cheeks flush with heat as I glare at Noémi in a silent plea to sit back down. She laughs before rolling her eyes and slumping back down.

I flick my eyes back to Leo to see as he watches me proudly with his head in his hand, elbow still lying on the armrest.

As Olly continues to ramble about unimportant things, I quickly pull out my phone and open up my messages.

Leo <3

Did I only get the job because I'm fucking you?

I watch his eyes drop to his lap as they scan over the text I just sent. His smirk overpowers his smothering attempt and he ends up looking to me and leaning forward, bracing his elbows on the desk. His eyes narrow, tongue running along his bottom lip.

He can't speak because then everyone around this table will hear, but his eyes convey a million different words.

I smile back at him and shove my phone into my pocket just as Olly starts to move onto the important bits of the meeting.

"So, um," he begins hesitantly, avoiding me completely, "This weekend just gone, four of us travelled down to Miami for a job. It was a human trafficking interception, one of our more important cases, and we managed to securely interrupt their goals."