46- dead ends

Song— Only by RY X

————————

Leonardo Alvarez POV

"Like, not even your feet or anything," she had mumbled out tiredly from behind me. It seemed like as soon as her head hit the pillow, all of her tiredness overwhelmed her.

Why the fuck she thought I'd want to touch her with my feet, I have no fucking clue.

I rolled over to face her naturally, not on purpose, but not that it's an issue anyway. I have to admit, I did get into the bed and have my back to her purposefully, I just thought it would show I'm not interested in any of that stupid cuddling and shit that some people like to do. I've had a few girls in my past where I've slept with them and then they try and latch onto me like some sort of fucking limpet, I just wanted to avoid that in this situation.

So, it was a relief when she ended up getting in the bed with her back turned to me as well. But, I did end up rolling over to face her. I ended up watching her breathing, her back slowly rising and falling gently as she lay peacefully with her head on the pillow and her freshly washed hair coursing along her back.

I couldn't be bothered to shut the curtains, I barely ever did just because it was so much effort and I normally was never sleeping for a long time in my room anyway.

I'm always either out or only sleeping for a few hours a night, too busy to sleep for any longer.

But, with the curtains not shut, it meant that I could see her dark hair shine with the reflection of gentle light from the city outside of the bedroom window. I could see how it looked so soft and so pretty—

"Farrah," I had said out reasonably loudly, trying to get her attention but attempting not to startle her.

After seeing her fall asleep on my shoulder a few days ago, I've realised that she falls asleep pretty quickly so I don't want to shock her out of her sleep if she's already fallen.

"Mmm," she mumbled out tiredly.

"What did you call me earlier?" I asked knowingly, trying to bite back some of the amusement shifting inside me.

"Huh?" she asked with tiredness evident in her confusion, shuffling over and rolling to face me, her eyes looked a little shocked as they met mine. I don't think she was expecting me to already be watching her.

"What did you call me earlier, in the shower," I repeated softly, teasing her with a grin when I saw her eyes spark with irritation.

"Fuck. You," she muttered, rolling her eyes and turning to show her back to me again.

Before she could completely and successfully roll over, I reached out and gripped onto her upper arm, tugging her back over to face me. Despite the extreme efforts she tried to put in, I could see the smile playing on her lips that she was so desperately trying to hide.

"What's wrong? Can't compliment me twice in one day?" I teased, shifting my body closer to hers when she completely rolled over again.

"I never even meant to compliment you in the first place," she grumbled stubbornly.

It seems like she has an issue with complimenting me, I'm not sure what it is— and I don't feel like she's obliged to compliment me either, but I've realised she goes out of her way to avoid it.

"Mmm, but I heard you say those words. Just say them again, nobody is listening," I smiled at her back, watching as her breathing deepened and she huffed in annoyance.

At the start, I would be rude to her in a way to scare her. I didn't like her. There was no changing that. I don't know what it was, I just didn't and never thought I would. But, as it seems, she's grown on me a bit, she's tolerable now.