52- dancing in the moonlight

Song- Dancing in The Moonlight by Toploader
—————————

Last night feels like a dream. I would be convinced that it was actually a dream if there wasn't the remnants of our clothes from the night before lying on the bedroom floor. My red dress piled up next to Leonardo's black shirt and trousers, topped with my black heels carelessly cascaded to the side— the only evidence to me that last night actually happened.

Once we got back to the apartment, we all split off into our rooms to crash to sleep. I think the past twenty-four hours completely wiped us all out.

Leonardo and I ended up sleeping all the way until early afternoon— I guess the jet lag caught up with us. And meanwhile, Olly was out finding the remainder of the two-million.

Apparently he said there was a safe nearby that he located and used the key that was in the bag he collected last night to open it. They must've have been pretty damn stupid to put the key to the mass sum of money in the same bag as the cash, but I guess it worked out in our favour.

This afternoon I was reading through the news while sitting on the balcony and eating basically half a baguette as my very very late breakfast, and I saw that there was a reported domestic case down at a local café.

Domestic case... when in reality it was an illegal organisation going to rob a group of criminals who robbed another group of people.

How simple?

But honestly, I don't know how they do it. I don't know how they manage to cover everything up so easily and I don't plan on attempting to find out either. I think that personally for me, it'd ease my mind more if I was just completely ignorant to everything.

"What's on your mind today, Stella?" Leonardo speaks up as he sits opposite me on our balcony, his feet resting on the small table in between us with the sun beating down.

"Stella?" I question, glancing up to him from the newspaper resting in my hands.

"You seemed to turn into Stella again last night," he shrugs, biting into his half of the baguette.

"I guess so," I smile, scanning my eyes back over the page I was reading.

"So, what's on your mind?"

"Just think about how easy it is to get away with crime," I mumble, dancing my eyes over the black ink.

"What, are you going to go and hand us in to the police or something?" he laughs, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Of course not, it's just shocking. I mean, if you guys can do it then think about who else must be able to do it."

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" he questions, slightly offended.

"It means that you're all a bunch of idiots and still haven't managed to get caught yet," I laugh, grinning up to him as his eyebrows are pushed down his face.

"We're highly trained professionals," he argues, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Highly trained professionals who also happen to be a bunch of idiots," I correct.

"You're full of shit," he chuckles, finally breaking his strop.

"Mhmm, I'm sure," I nod with a disbelieving look.

"We all managed to make it out of there alive last night, didn't we?" he says, tilting his head to the side and staring at me still.

"Barely, I almost got stabbed by some random French dude," I bite back, lifting my gaze to meet his eyes.