61- body of a cloud *

Song- Lust For Life by Lana Del Rey (highly recommend playing this song with this chapter)

————————

Silence is all that floods around us. It's all that has flooded around us for the past thirty-minutes. We have both been lying here on the cold concrete of the rooftop, staring to the sky through the bitter air. The only thing reminding me that warmth does still exist is the heat radiating from Leo's palm as his hand grasps mine.

My hair is still fanned around my head, my eyes dropping from star to star and following the intricate designs they pattern into the sky.

I gently roll my head to the side, so slowly that it would be unnoticeable to anyone but me. I let my eyes graze along the soft skin of his face, the way the light from the moon is fluttering down onto his cheeks and making them illuminate in a grey shine. He looks like an angel, lying here so effortlessly pretty and glowing under the stars.

I don't say anything and just admire him. I love quietly admiring him, the way he seems so peaceful when he doesn't know anybody is watching. He can finally be at ease and put the tough facade to rest. Although, he also has begun to do that even when he knows I'm staring at him.

I regard for a few seconds more until his voice crackles through the tranquility.

"I know that you're looking at me."

And here I thought I was being discrete.

"Mm, sue me," I tease, rolling my eyes and letting a grin fall to my lips.

His hand involuntarily tightens around mine, and his thumb begins to draw lines across my knuckles, softening over my cold skin.

He tips his head and, even with the dull lighting, I can see the deep glint to his eyes, the devilish look that makes me want to shrink under his gaze.

"I prefer other methods of payment."

His voice is so strong and clear, not an ounce of hesitation.

However, I, on the other hand, do pause. I freeze, held captive by his words. He always does this and I know it just feeds into his ego, filling him with even more confidence to destroy me in a sense of shyness.

His eyebrow raises, signalling a need for an answer. I gather up any dregs of bravery that are lingering around my mind and open my mouth to speak. "What sort of payment?"

"Payment that involves no words, just me touching your skin under the stars," he whispers, his voice crackling as he stays quiet and his words linger in the air between us. I don't say anything, just let my breath hitch in my throat to the point that he continues talking. "I love talking to you, hearing your voice, but there's nothing I want more than to just feel you in this moment."

His words break me, shatter me. Only some of them actually register in my brain: skin, stars, love, feel. With those four words my mind makes its own vision.

I look at him, silence pushing down on us as I simply stare. I don't think I could force a word out even if I tried.

I follow his no speaking rule and instead lean to kiss him. Our lips connect and it's like a burst of fire piercing through the dark sky- the contrast of his warmth against the cold air is something I never want to lose.

He moves, placing a hand on my jaw and shifting until my head is flat against the concrete again. If I were to describe this moment in a single word, I would call it a dream- past, present and future.

Past: I dreamt of a moment like this when I was younger, just growing up and beginning to experience the world. I dreamt of being held by someone who infinitely cares for me under the same stars I used to wish upon as a child.