71- the truth

Song— Eleanor Rigby by The Beatles

————————

Leonardo Alvarez POV:

"Read the text again," Olly orders, sitting across from me in his kitchen.

I don't think my mind has rested since I woke up this morning. I can't cope and I think I'm going insane.

"I've read it a million times already. The same twenty words won't create new meanings just because we read it again," I grumble, stressfully knitting my fingers into my hair and tugging at the roots.

"I don't care, read it again," he repeats harshly.

My eyes slice through him for a delayed second before I'm pulling my phone out from my pocket. I crash the device to the counter and roughly scroll through my messages until I find Farrah's text.

"I'm safe, I promise. I just have a few things I need to sort out and then I'll be home." I quote her words, looking away from the screen as soon as I finish reading the text.

Something about looking at her contact name, knowing she's somewhere in the world having just randomly disappeared makes me insanely angry. How stupid can she be? How does she think it's safe to just vanish by herself to god knows where?

Olly nods to himself and spins around with a low hum. His gravelly voice leaves an echo in the silence and sits as a boundary between my sanity and my likelihood to crumble. I'm left to cluelessly stare at the back of his head.

"Can't we get somebody to track down her phone or something?" I suggest, feeling anxiety drain down my legs until they're both uneasily bouncing up and down.

He stays quiet for just a second too long so that my suspicion builds.

"Olly?" I prompt, frowning and tipping my head to the side.

I watch his chest inflate as he turns back to face me, a mumbled, "Fuck sake," whispered beneath his breath.

"What?" I urge, shaking my head in desperation.

He visibly gulps and then within seconds, he's snatching his keys from the counter and striding off in the direction of the door.

"Olly?" I say again, watching him over my shoulder with a bite of irritation to my voice.

"I know where she is," he sighs and his voice sounds so unbelievably beyond defeated.

I'm up to my feet quickly enough that the movement could have been invisible. "You do?"

My voice is needy, craving. My feet carry me towards the door and I manage to reach it before he does.

"Olly," I say again, firm and stern, "Olly, where is she?"

I despise the fact she has done this. But mostly I despise the fact she felt she couldn't trust me enough to tell me where she was going. I want to be there for her and with her. I want her to trust me and I want to be able to trust her. We are meant to be one the same now, we've become the same person placed into two bodies.

I can see the internal battle spraying blood within Olly's mind as he pushes through the door, locking it behind him. I'm already halfway to the lift by the time his voice reaches my ears.

"Just get in the car, then I will tell you."

I step into the lift and lean my back against the wall to glare at his entrance. "Tell me now."

"No," he shakes his head stubbornly.

"Why the fuck not? If you know where my girlfriend has randomly disappeared to, I need to know. She could be in danger," I argue, frowning at his stupidity and feeling my heart beat burn through my body, "I don't want her to be in danger."