27- babysitter

Song- Kill Our Way To Heaven by Michl

2nd part of the double update, make sure you read chapter 26 before

————————

Leonardo Alvarez POV

"Why the fuck are you so late?" Olly calls to me from his place rested against one of the black g-wagons.

"I was busy," I shrug back simply and continue to advance towards the three of them huddling around the car.

"Doing what?" he continues to push.

"Fucking your sister," I smile to him.

"You're so funny," he snarks back sarcastically.

"Wasn't joking," I reply bluntly as I come to a stop in front of him.

"She's in a different fucking country you dickhead," he narrows his eyes to me.

"I caught a flight," I shrug again and lean onto the outside of the car.

The sun is still moderately high in the sky but is rapidly lowering, threatening the darkness on all of us. We still have a long car journey before we get to our destination and we have a strict time limit and the fact that I'm two hours late doesn't help either.

"Leonardo, we told you to get here at six, not eight," Noémi speaks to me in a soft voice from my left.

"Like I said, I was busy. Where are the others?" I ask her, looking around to find that this is the only g-wagon parked in the car park.

To my right is Olly leaning onto the car, conversing with Stoke and they look very engrossed in their conversation— probably boring shit like Olly normally talks about. To my left is Noémi looking at me suspiciously like she's trying to decode me or something.

"Are you alright?" I question, watching her in my peripheral as she continues to observe me.

"Yeah, just, what's up with you?" she tilts her head to the side a little and her intense stare is starting to freak me out.

"Nothing, I'm fine, can you just answer my question?" I grumble back, still not looking at her.

"They went two hours ago— when we were meant to go as well, but you decided to delay us all," she groans.

"Aw, you didn't leave without me," I finally look to her with a smug grin.

"Believe me, Olly tried," she widens her eyes at me sternly.

"Right then, we should get going, we have a three hour drive into Connecticut," Stoke declares loudly and gets all of our attention.

If I could get out my gun right now and shoot myself so I didn't have to sit in a car with Olly for the next three hours, I would, but it's in my bag and that's too much effort to get out.

I swear, if I have to sit in the back seats with him, I will start undoing the zip on my bag right now...

"Shotgun!" Noémi shouts loudly and excitedly and I let out an extremely loud groan.

Fuck sake.

We all know that on trips like this, Stoke is our designated driver so that means Olly and I will both be sat in the back.

I shoot my eyes to the right and notice Olly already glaring at me with the same displeased look.

"Don't talk to me for the next three hours," he grumbles and pushes himself off the car to move to the other side.