38- introduction

Song- At the River by Groove Armada

(above picture sets a very good vibe for the next couple of chapters)

I thought it was time for an updated cover photo— similar to before just slightlyyyy different:

————————

Leonardo Alvarez POV

Flashback to Leonardo age 16

As I walk through the glass doors, it's nothing I would've expected. It all looks so professional and legal. My dad told me some stuff, he wasn't meant to but he did it anyway. This is so far from what I had pictured in my mind— I never would've thought an illegal organisation could pull off the image of an insurance company so well.

Or, I suppose, this is an insurance company anyway. The desks that layer the outside of the foyer suggest that I'm in the right place. I was told to go to the 40th floor, that's where Ezra will be. Ezra Tozer is the owner of this company, including the organisation.

I think that he only comes over to America occasionally, I was told that he usually lives in London with his daughter, Leah. I haven't met any of them before, dad tried to keep me away from it as much as possible.

He always told me that I had the choice of joining once I reached sixteen, and he was always transparent with what he did for a job. The day I watched him die in my arms, I made the decision to join this organisation as soon as I turned sixteen.

So now, the 28th of December, six days after my sixteenth birthday, I'm here to finally join the organisation. The last five years have been absolute hell for me. My dad and I were always so close, and without him I've been completely lost, so I'm hoping that this can help clear the way for me.

I get into the lift, leaning against the back wall to try and relax myself. It's a habit of mine, to lean against the back wall of the lifts that I get into. For some reason, my father always did it and I guess that I just picked it up from him.

It's quite scary knowing that there's people in this building that have probably killed people. Hell, the people I just walked passed probably even had a gun secretly tucked into their waistband and yet I was clueless to it.

The doors ding open and I take in the sight of the floor that I'm now on. The large sofa's in the communal area with a few random men dressed in tight fitting suits of all different shades of navies and greys, but there's one that specifically stands out to me; a random employee is dressed in all black suit. He actually looks really good. I like the look of a full back suit, it's unique and stands out compared to the blur of common looking outfits, despite the fact that it's fully made up of the single shade.

I feel underdressed in what I'm wearing, I had no idea what to expect so I couldn't really prepare a suitable outfit. Besides, the majority of people here are probably at least double my age anyway— some even triple maybe.