42- trust

Song- Mount Everest by Labrinth

***Make sure to read 41 first!!! (double update)***
————————

Nothing very eventful happened the night that Mia stayed with me and Olly. She genuinely is a very sweet kid who wouldn't hurt a fly, but I did notice that she has a completely different perception of Leonardo than Olly and I— well, mostly Olly.

I've started to realise that Leonardo isn't just the surface that he presents to people, there is a side of him that he hides away from people, but in reality, it is his true personality.

She told us stories about how he raised her, telling us how sweet and gentle he was with her and helped carry her through all of the tough times even though he was struggling awfully as well. I think there's more to his struggles, more than he lets on and more than he's shown to Mia. I'm sure that he would've done everything in his power to conceal the negativity in their lives, and that probably plays a part in why she has such a positive view of him.

Olly, unsurprisingly, believed that Mia was just feeding us lies, claiming Leonardo could never be so delicate. I still don't know why he has such a stigma around Leonardo, and I don't think I ever will find out the truth because I don't think Leonardo even knows himself.

Luckily this grudge that Olly holds didn't fully push over onto Mia as well, although I did notice the small hints of bitterness that fell out of his mouth before he could catch himself. But overall, I saw the fondness he had towards her and he quickly got over himself and regained his playful nature.

It has been a few days since that night now, and Leonardo and Mia have been spending as much time together as they possibly can, meaning I haven't been able to see either of them.

I do still plan on joining them occasionally like Mia asked, we just haven't got around to it yet.

Leonardo's job that he went on went by seamlessly. Noémi, Stoke and Leonardo apparently got it done in record time and managed to secure everything they had to without raising too much havoc. I don't know the specific details of what they had to do, and I'm not sure that I particularly want to. That life isn't for me, I had a taste of it and a taste is enough.

Although, that taste seems to be following me. There seems to be something that can't detach itself after I did one simple task for Leonardo. I've very quickly found out that once you've been immersed into this life, it becomes a part of you.

I'm not just talking about the fact that I have some random guys from the pub that night calling out boisterously from behind me, I'm talking about everything within this life. Like Olly, he's a main part of my life and he's also officially a part of the dangerous side of life.

It's inevitable.

It was inevitable that I would get involved, and it was inevitable that I would get trapped.

So, I spin around on my heels to glare at the two rowdy men yelling out to me.

I recognise their faces from the night I pretended to be Leonardo's girlfriend. Luckily, it's not Dave— the man I called an arrogant little bitch. That would've only made things worse.

Instead, it's two of the other people who were sat at the bar and must've just been observing the interactions between Leonardo and I that night.

One of them pulls a crooked grin, his teeth becoming on full show as he takes a drunken step toward me.

We're on a random pavement on the street in early afternoon and he's drunk, but then again, I can't say that I haven't been there myself.

"Looky looky at who it is," he chimes out sickeningly.