62- undiscovered secrets

Song— It's All In Vain by Wet

————————

"Dinner, seven tonight. You all better be there," I announce while slapping down Leonardo's car keys on the centre of the kitchen counter in my apartment where Olly and Noémi sit.

Their eyes both flick up to me before grazing over my shoulder to Leonardo who hovers behind. We have only just got back after the both of us fell asleep on the rooftop somewhere deep inside the city. I still don't know where exactly we were, I couldn't grasp my bearings on the drive home.

Leonardo drove the two of us back to my apartment because we're still yet to pick up my car from the club. I've probably gathered a hefty fine by now for having my car parked in that car park for over two days— and considering Kaede doesn't own the car park, she can't just wave off the payment for me.

"No," Olly says, turning his head to redirect his attention back to his girlfriend.

My eyebrows raise as I step forward so I'm aligned with him and pull out a barstool to sit. "No?"

"No. Nope. Non. Nein. Nee. Nie. N— "

"Okay, I get it!" I exasperatedly cut him off. "Where the fuck did you even learn all of those languages from?"

"Google," he shrugs, carelessly pulling out his phone to flick through.

Noémi rolls her eyes at his stubbornness and decides to make an effort at changing his mind, all while Leonardo still stands behind me.

"We literally all went to Paris together, I'm sure you can sit through a couple of hours and endure a meal with us," she reasons, briefly flicking her eyes up to Leo, knowing that he is the root of Olly's petty problems.

"That was for work, it wasn't optional," he immaturely argues.

I'm just honestly shocked how Leonardo is staying so quiet and not objecting to any of this, it's not like he would voluntarily choose to sit and spend time with Olly.

"Then let's make this for work," I suggest with a short shrugs to which he raises his eyebrows at in question, making me continue my explanation. "Lets call it a meeting."

"Naming it something different doesn't take away from the fact that I have to sit across the table from this idiot," Olly groans and swivels in his seat to glare daggers into Leonardo.

I also spin in my chair just in time to catch Leonardo shaking his head in disbelief.

"Why do you have such a problem with me?" Leonardo starts with a strong and undisrupted voice.

It gets the hairs standing up on my arms and for once I have nerves rocketing through my blood at an interaction between the two. I don't doubt that this could be the final straw for one of them to snap and a full-blown fist fight to break out. And god knows how Noémi and I would break that up— both of these men are massive and over six-foot.

"Give it up already," Leonardo then continues with a scoff, "It's been six fucking years. You've hated me every single day since we were sixteen without reason. You're starting to look like a fucking freak."

My eyebrows shoot up at his words as I hear Noémi suppress a deep breath. I bet that the consequences are weighing heavily on her mind as well.

"Let's not have this conversation no—" I start but Olly harshly cuts me off.

"You think there's anything likeable about you? You've given me no reason to change my opinion," he bites back.

But a chill presses down my spine when Leonardo replies. His face is so calm, so still that it sends panic erupting within me.