19- date

Song- Wires by The Neighbourhood

first off, let's all congratulate Harry Styles on his fucking Grammy!!!!!! did i cry? i guess you'll never know

please drop some song recommendations that I can use in future chapters :)

————————

I wake up and make my way down into the kitchen. Last night Olly came back at around 12:30 and found me passed out on the sofa. He gently woke me and saw the distressed state I was in so he comforted me before helping me to bed.

I was half asleep so I don't really remember much of what he said apart from a few reassuring words that mean more than he knows.

I've woken up with a stuffy nose and a heavy head, a result of crying last night. The sun is shining brightly which makes me feel the tiniest bit better, it's odd how the weather can affect my mood so much. The sun being so high in the sky shows that it's at least 12 and I've slept through half of the day.

I move to the kitchen to get a glass of water and find two notes written on paper resting upon the counter. I pick up the first and read the words written in neat handwriting.

'Farrah, thank you so much for the stay. It was so good to see you again and we will have to come again soon. We didn't want to wake you when we left this morning, so call us when you are up. Love you so much, Leah & Becky xxx'

The black ink on the page is so delicate that it's clear to me that it's Leah who wrote the note.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Leonardo and Rebekah situation. I can't be mad at her for kissing him but I can't help but feel a slight stab of betrayal after I told her about all of the horrible things he's done to me.

I grip the second note between my fingers and bring it to my vision.

'Hey bestie, you were sleeping like a pig so I didn't want to wake you up. It looked like a good damn sleep, hope you feel better. You're meant to be at work but I guess I won't fire you. You're lucky that I'm your boss and not someone else, otherwise your arse would be done! Anyway, call me whenever -Olly!'

I smile at his message, even though it may seem slightly offensive, considering he implied that I looked like a pig, I'm well aware that he's just teasing. I don't know how I would survive without him.

After grabbing some random food I go back to my room to shower, brush my teeth and get changed into a suitable outfit, preparing to face the office. I glance at my phone and see that it's 12:45pm.

After scrambling out of the front door and down the steps instead of the lift— I have to get my steps in somehow— I break through the doors and into the foyer of our apartment. I spin around the corner but skid my feet along before I crash into the person stood in front of me.

Otis looks down at me slightly concerned, clearly taking in my rushed pace.

"You good?" he says with a hint of laughter.

I smile up at him widely, I haven't seen him in a very long time. I almost forgot that he lives in the same apartment complex as us. I kind of feel bad for forgetting, considering that without him telling us the code on our very first day, we wouldn't even have gotten in.

"I'm good just..." I look down at my phone to see the time, "nearly 4 hours late to work."

"Well, I wouldn't want to keep you any longer. Don't want you to blame getting fired on me," he jokes with a cheeky grin.

I laugh and begin to move past him but before I exit the apartment I turn back to him, "Hey, Otis, me, you and Olly will have to grab dinner some time and get to know you!"